Talk

Advanced search

Not reli AIBU but curious

(16 Posts)
ReggieWoo Sun 17-Mar-19 11:26:07

Oh please try and buy 400 fags at the interview and then report back what they said grin

MangoBananaSleep Sun 17-Mar-19 11:23:59

Good luck for your interview OP!

Oodlesandpoodles Sun 17-Mar-19 11:06:17

Hi girlies and guys

No I’m not planning to buy anything on the interview date smile

I’m not THAT stupid

FrogOfFrogHall Sun 17-Mar-19 08:11:41

You will probably not be able to buy anything on the interview date but if you get the job and it is airside (past security) you will get an airside pass and you can show that at the shops instead of a boarding pass to buy duty free. But to be honest the duty free prices aren't usually that much better than a good deal in a supermarket or Jan sales!

Barrenfieldoffucks Sun 17-Mar-19 08:05:42

Yes, yours did mango 😂

llangennith Sun 17-Mar-19 08:02:47

It is not a legal requirement to show a boarding pass when buying from a duty free store unless you're buying alcohol or cigarettes.
I Googled this and it came as quite a surprise to me as I've often been told, in duty free, that I must show a boarding pass. I've even been refused service if I've left it in another bag with friends and had to go and get it.
The store can claim back the VAT if you're travelling outside the EU, that's why they want to scan your boarding pass.

MangoBananaSleep Sun 17-Mar-19 08:01:07

barrenfieldofducks I was only joking. Hopefully that came across. 🙂

Barrenfieldoffucks Sun 17-Mar-19 07:57:49

I'm assuming the OP means if she gets the job...stand down. 🙄

JagerPlease Sun 17-Mar-19 07:50:57

Fairly sure you need a boarding pass to buy anything duty free. You'll probably get a discount at the food places though!

MarthasGinYard Sun 17-Mar-19 07:45:17

confused

I thought you meant if you got the position not at interview

MangoBananaSleep Sun 17-Mar-19 07:32:04

No! Do not ask to shop during your interview. 😂😂

At least wait until your first day....

AlwaysCheddar Sun 17-Mar-19 07:15:04

Are you really going to try and buy cheap stuff at your interview? You need to work in interview techniques.

chuttypicks Sun 17-Mar-19 07:07:05

You won't be able to buy anything on your job interview, surely? That would be highly unprofessional to even ask tbh.

Oodlesandpoodles Sun 17-Mar-19 00:32:48

Woo, I thought you had to have a boarding pass though?

MarthasGinYard Sun 17-Mar-19 00:32:23

You can normally bag a few bargains

Discounts are normally quite generous in DF

Oodlesandpoodles Sun 17-Mar-19 00:29:58

So I have an interview for a duty free shop in the airport, cool very happy to hopefully be working again.

Can I purchase anything there myself? Like non booze items or anything else in the airport -thoughtful face-

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »