Talk

Advanced search

My neighbour knocked on my door to complain about me talking on the phone

(20 Posts)
saltire Mon 09-Jul-07 22:42:47

I was in the bath, and my mum called, so DH brought the phone up to me (as you do)
I was chatting to her when I heard knocking on the bathroom wall, coming from next door. it happened a couple of times then stopped. Then I heard a knock at the door and DH talking to someone - it was my neighbour wanting me to stop talking in the bathroom as he could "hear her murmering but can't hear clearly what she is saying"

SpeccieSeccie Mon 09-Jul-07 22:44:41

What did your DH say?

pyjamaqueen Mon 09-Jul-07 22:44:51

hillarious!

NurseyJo Mon 09-Jul-07 22:44:52

Message withdrawn

unknownrebelbang Mon 09-Jul-07 22:45:46

sorry, but that's sooo funny.

Did she want to hear the conversation properly?

edam Mon 09-Jul-07 22:47:32

Did dh fill her in on the conversation? 'So she went... and I went... and she turned around and said...'

saltire Mon 09-Jul-07 22:49:01

Apparently I was "too noisy".
DH told them that it was our house and he paid the rent and if I wanted to talk in the bathroom I would

SpeccieSeccie Mon 09-Jul-07 22:54:13

YANBU. Your neighbour is bizarre.

Spider Mon 09-Jul-07 23:09:29

Do you live next to my MIL.
Last time I visited she dragged me up to her bedroom going, 'See? See? Well can you hear them? On and on? ' as she manouvered my ear onto her adjoining bedroom wall. 'There! You must have heard that? ' I didn't. 'They go on and on with no thought for me.'

I ended up nodding then making my excuses.

Poor you. Perhaps you need a chat with her.

saltireslytherin Tue 10-Jul-07 17:02:20

Apparently he was in bed!

This was at 9pm, so not like I was chatting away at midnight

Mirage Tue 10-Jul-07 22:46:50

Good God!

We can hear our neighbours tv through our cardboard walls & evidently they are watching something very amusing tonight,because he is guffawing with laughter.However,I would never complain-he is doing something quite normal-if he can't have a laugh in his own home,where can he?

Your neighbour is lucky that 'murmuring' is all she can hear.If she goes on about it,buy her some ear plugs.

yorkshirepudding Tue 10-Jul-07 22:48:35

Message withdrawn

margoandjerry Tue 10-Jul-07 22:49:56

ridiculous. A neighbour of a friend of mine once came round to complain about her sneezing!

donnie Tue 10-Jul-07 22:51:12

tell him you can hear him going to the toilet evey time he goes and if he isn't quieter you will report him to the council for being a poo nuisance.

StrangelyBzar Tue 10-Jul-07 22:52:52

I live next door to my mother - now I'm wondering what exactly she can hear!

yorkshirepudding Tue 10-Jul-07 22:54:30

Message withdrawn

StrangelyBzar Tue 10-Jul-07 22:55:19

You might be issued with an ASPOO

Nightynight Tue 10-Jul-07 23:28:47

oh god. reminds me of the time our telephone went mysteriously wrong, and I had to yell into it. Neighbours heard every word of my worries that mum and dad were going gaga (they were behaving very meanly). Ex p later solved the phone problem, by cleaning out the chocolate from the little holes in the receiver. (We had toddlers, needless to say.)

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Tue 10-Jul-07 23:38:12

Erm... tell him you hearing farting and never thought about complaining

handlemecarefully Tue 10-Jul-07 23:47:33

I reckon he wasn't in bed at all, but sitting on the can straining, and your low murmered conversation next door put him off his stride and shot his concentration

Get him some fibregel orange sachets and post them through his letterbox

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: