Talk

Advanced search

I’ve really ballsed up

(56 Posts)
Quandary2018 Sat 16-Mar-19 16:48:54

This morning I had to drop my son at football at an unfamiliar ground and then shoot off to get my daughter. I used my sat nav as didn’t know the area, followed the instructions and ended up on tram tracks- usually ok as the tram runs on the road, didn’t think anything of it until a tram hooted me
Sat nav was not saying I was doing anything wrong and I hadn’t seen any signs
Have just looked on google maps and it seems I shouldn’t have been on that particular section, that the left turn I took should have been a wider bend and I should’ve been further over as it’s a one way road- something I didn’t notice
The way I went then cut onto a one way street at a mid point so, again, didn’t see any signs but I’ve now realised it means I’ve inadvertently driven the wrong way on a one way street

I’m going to get a fine aren’t I? What an idiot

EssexGurl Sat 16-Mar-19 18:51:46

I am so old and useless with technology that even though we have Sat navy in the car, before I go somewhere new I look up the journey on a map. Sometimes I even go on google maps to “drive” the route as I am paranoid about this happening.

So, every sympathy to you.

My FIL always goes wrong when he comes to our house. We have lived here 14 years. His sat nat shows a right turn at a mini roundabout 2 mins drive from our house. He should go straight on. He knows this. He always follows the sat nav and moans about getting lost when he arrives. He relies on technology even when he knows better.

couchparsnip Sat 16-Mar-19 19:00:52

It looks really difficult to see where you're supposed to go! I bet it happens regularly.

TooStressyTooMessy Sat 16-Mar-19 19:07:40

Totally pickle. If people consistently make the same error then the system needs to be looked at to see how it can be reduced.

LifeBeginsNow Sat 16-Mar-19 19:11:28

Most days I drive somewhere new for work and as lovely as it would be to say I'm perfect, I do get confused by some of the road signs. Plus traffic, people stepping out in front of the car, pouring rain - they all contribute to making errors.

I've driven around Nottingham twice. First to find the hotel and the second day to get to the supplier. Oh my days that's a confusing city! Even by the picture the OP has attached, it's tricky to see what's right.

bumblingbovine49 Sat 16-Mar-19 19:22:50

I.migjt have made the same mistake even if.not following a sat nav. That junction is crying out for better signage.

Quandary2018 Sat 16-Mar-19 19:52:26

I do feel less stupid now so many of you have agreed it’s confusing, thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »