Talk

Advanced search

DH told to "sort me out"

(118 Posts)
feelslikeadream Sat 16-Mar-19 14:53:13

NC for this because I don't want to be outed here. Brief background - DH and his friend (let's call him A) were discussing me and someone else (B) not getting on. I explained to both I didn't want to have anything to do with B right now (B has openly bitched about me even though they've never spoken to me). Both A and B know I have a lot going on, and so apparently understood my reasoning for not wanting to get involved yet. Anyway, long story short, B messages me because of A speaking to her about it (they're dating) and I explained I wasn't comfortable with it.

A then told DH to sort me out. I don't want to say what DH responded yet because I don't know if IBU.

What would you expect your DH to do if someone had told him to sort you out?

(Also I have no posts under this name but I'm on here all the time. F the Daily Mail for anyone that thinks I'm trolling)

burritofan Sat 16-Mar-19 14:55:21

I'm always confused by A and B threads (especially when there's an F in the mix too!), but anyone asking my partner to "sort me out", by whatever means, would be given short shrift by him and removed from both our lives.

marvellousnightforamooncup Sat 16-Mar-19 14:56:59

I'd laugh in his face if dh tried to 'sort me out'.

Weebitawks Sat 16-Mar-19 14:58:00

I'd expect my DH to tell them of fuck off

Weebitawks Sat 16-Mar-19 14:58:25

*to fuck off

HogMother Sat 16-Mar-19 14:58:39

I’m a bit confused to be honest. And there’s no context. Why is b texting you?
Sorry, didn’t want to read and run, but I don’t think I can say

ToEarlyForDecorations Sat 16-Mar-19 14:59:27

Sort you out ? Which means what ?

44PumpLane Sat 16-Mar-19 14:59:37

I'd expect my DH to laugh A LOT if instructed to 'sort me out'

If it was more than a throw away comment I'd expect my DH to suggest they take a long walk off a short pier.

HeathRobinson Sat 16-Mar-19 15:00:20

My dh would laugh at someone if they told him to sort me out.

ISoDidn Sat 16-Mar-19 15:01:09

What is it that B has said about you?

feelslikeadream Sat 16-Mar-19 15:01:44

Thanks for the replies - i figured those would be the responses.

I can't really give too much context about why she's texting me because it's outing, but it's a very fake text - she's always made out she's super innocent but this isn't the case.

It wasnt said as a joke at all - it was completely serious and said "take charge and sort her out"

ISoDidn Sat 16-Mar-19 15:03:28

Without detail, it's utterly pointless posting.

Clutterbugsmum Sat 16-Mar-19 15:04:00

So A and B are a couple.

A and B are having difficulties in their relationship and trying to drag OP into their arguments.

OP didn't want to get involved as she has her own issues she dealing with.

B is bitching about OP lack of involvement.

A is bitching OP husband about B and OP and told OP husband to sort her out.

I would tell DH if he tries to 'sort me out' then he can join A & B in their argument else where and A and B are not welcome anymore.

And leave A & B to get on with it.

SecretMillionaire Sat 16-Mar-19 15:05:55

I’d expect my DH to respond with my DW is capable of independent thought and if she wants to resolve matters with B then she can deal with that as she sees fit.

feelslikeadream Sat 16-Mar-19 15:06:50

Thanks @Clutterbugsmum that's much clearer than I put it 

@ISoDidn I guess IABU then - I don't think any context is needed really, regardless of why it's said, I would've thought anyone telling DH to sort me out is unacceptable

iloveruby Sat 16-Mar-19 15:06:56

Well clearly it is a ridiculous thing to say. I'd expect my partner to review their friendship with someone who behaved like that.

VelvetPineapple Sat 16-Mar-19 15:11:03

A is a sexist twat and wouldn’t be friends with either of us any more. Sort out your woman, indeed! angry

However, I’m puzzled how you and B don’t get on if you’ve never met or spoken?

feelslikeadream Sat 16-Mar-19 15:11:12

@iloveruby that's what I thought. DH just said that it was a bit forward but he'd speak to me - I think that's completely unacceptable but he thinks it's the right way of showing his friend he can't say things like that? I don't think that's the case at all

ZippyBungleandGeorge Sat 16-Mar-19 15:11:35

I just asked my DH what he would've done in your partner's position, he said laughed in his face and told him if he takes that attitude towards his own partner maybe that's why they're having relationship issues. He also said are these people all very young....

yorkshirecountrylass Sat 16-Mar-19 15:11:55

I can hand on heart say that if someone told my other half to "sort me out," he would -once he'd stopped laughing - quite simply point out that the only person who has ever been able to achieve that was my Mum and she died twenty years ago so you're out of luck buttercup!

DarlingNikita Sat 16-Mar-19 15:13:37

DH just said that it was a bit forward but he'd speak to me

Wrong answer! If my DP was asked by anyone to sort me out, he'd laugh and tell them to come to me and try to sort me out themselves and good luck with that

feelslikeadream Sat 16-Mar-19 15:13:42

@VelvetPineapple I don't have any opinion of her, she's made her opinion on me based on god knows what - but I don't have the time or energy to find out tbh, I'd rather not have confrontation or get involved right now. I know what she's said based on mutual friends - she's not denied or confirmed that she's said anything either. But obviously A thinks the sun shines out of her arse and that I should ignore everything and do what's best for her idk - they both have a very childish mentality that I have zero time for, but as it's DHs friend I feel like I'm constantly being mentioned

YouTheCat Sat 16-Mar-19 15:14:07

Your dh's friend sounds like a right twat, as does B. I wouldn't want anything to do with either of them.

Anyone who thinks an adult needs to 'sort' another adult out, needs to stop watching so much Eastenders.

AnyFucker Sat 16-Mar-19 15:14:11

My DH would just raise an eyebrow and say "good luck with that"

feelslikeadream Sat 16-Mar-19 15:14:59

Yeah I would've hoped DH would've dated him to try and sort me out himself. I agree, they are very young in the way they act and think - which is why I just don't want to be involved.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »