Talk

Advanced search

crazy fire alarm

(9 Posts)
Bobbycat121 Sat 16-Mar-19 07:19:18

Yesterday my bath flooded through the ceiling. it sent my fire alarms crazy. they were just beeping and screetching. I turned off all my electric hoping they would dry out. this stopped them but this morning they are doing it again. even withthe electric off, every few minutes. Its extremely loud! worried the neighbours will complain or call the fire brigade! They are still doing it even with the electric off and There seems to be no way to get it off the wall! any ideas what I should do??

Fluffyears Sat 16-Mar-19 10:41:29

Can you remove the unit. You can unclip the actual aimlarm bit usually. I took mine down when the malfunctioned and just started going off for fuck all reason.

Bobbycat121 Sat 16-Mar-19 12:04:44

Its still going 😩 council said they will come out in 2-3 hours! I am so short I can barely reach it even on a chair, ive tried to pull it off the case has come off but dont know what to do now. my asd dd is getting stressed.

funnelfanjo Sat 16-Mar-19 12:15:46

The units will have a back up battery in them. Take the battery out and it will stop beeping.

Bobbycat121 Sat 16-Mar-19 12:25:39

any ideas which one that is?? I have 3 of the blooming things and they are all going off. My neighbours must hate me!

funnelfanjo Sat 16-Mar-19 12:41:03

Nope, mine has an obvious battery compartment for a 9v battery (the rectangular ones).

At this stage I’d put them in a box and take them outside, or bury them under a pile of cushions and duvets in another room!

Bobbycat121 Sat 16-Mar-19 14:12:23

I cant actually get them off the wall. Still going on! Im amazed they havent been yet. Im here with 4 small children and cant even leave its horrible sad

funnelfanjo Sun 17-Mar-19 09:44:53

Did you get it sorted in the end?

Bobbycat121 Sun 17-Mar-19 14:54:13

Yes they came and removed them all and said they were very old. They will be replacing them at some point. thanks for asking!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »