Talk

Advanced search

To start my own business now?

(1 Post)
LeilaDarling Fri 15-Mar-19 18:14:11

I’m early 40’s and NOT A RISK TAKER!!
Have a husband and young family.
Have been employed in my field for over 20 years, have good knowledge and some great contacts. I have always worked so hard for someone else, everyone always says “your company is so lucky to have you” etc etc.
I am seriously underpaid where I am and treated like a Saturday girl, it’s quite demeaning to be honest. Whenever I think right I’m going to do it I have a day where they convince me I should stay and plod along just for them.
I run their business whenever they holiday and they pay me no more for it. They watch the clock when I arrive, take lunch and return and leave at the end of the day.
I made them a fairly large sum of money this year by means of one of my own contacts and they gave me a token thank you and said it was only a “sort of” introduction.
I’ve lost my confidence in the past few years and I am wondering whether they are exacerbating it.
I want to do it, have plenty of encouragement from friends and family but something always stops me. I’m scared about taking the risk and it not working/not being able to pay my share of the mortgage/and so on.
Any advice welcome xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: