Talk

Advanced search

Absolutely furious with my ex.

(6 Posts)
minieggheaven Fri 15-Mar-19 18:07:09

I hate him.

He's emotionally abused me for 2 years. I left with out child. He's not seeing either of us. My case has been referred to MARAC his abuse was that bad.

He's sought legal advice today and they've told him how wronged he is because OF COURSE he's never done anything wrong to me. Obviously he's not mentioned any of the abuse to his solicitor.

I'm so fucking tired. I'm losing the plot. I'm scared of him. Even his mum text me today saying she's not surprised and that he's an arsehole! That she loves him but hates how abusive he is.

AIBU to really fucking hate him? He's ruined my self esteem, my confidence, my life!

I know, I'm ranting but I'm so scared he's going to make out that he's the injured party, that he's been done wrong.

I'm so tired.

Friedspamfritters Fri 15-Mar-19 18:11:25

YANBU op. Be kind to yourself and give yourself as much time and space to recover as you can. Congratulations for removing yourself and your child.

IWantChocolates Fri 15-Mar-19 18:29:41

Keep the text from his mum - you can use that as proof of his abuse if he tries to turn it on you.

Good luck and good on you for leaving.

ADHMeeee Fri 15-Mar-19 18:34:23

Keep that text. That's brilliant.

Yes, he will make out he's the victim. He may even try to counter-sue you back. It's worth learning all their typical tricks by reading up on other poster's stories. Then you can prepare for any eventuality.

I had no one but Women's Aid and SS when I went through it the first time. I didn't know what was usual. WW filled me in on a lot. But I could have done with knowing where he might try to strike.

minieggheaven Fri 15-Mar-19 19:02:23

His own mother 🤦🏻‍♀️

Parly Fri 15-Mar-19 19:18:06

You've done the hard bit by leaving and getting out so now you just need to keep it together and get through this last bit and not allow him or his Mum the chance to drain you any more.

Ignore calls, texts and emails wherever possible and have all correspondence and arrangements for whatever your agreements are re: childcare.

There's every chance the Mum sent that text deliberately and with your ex knowing as a means to entice and encourage you to start bitching back and then they can show your replies and try to paint you as the bad one who's slating him and so on and so forth. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Keep everything civil but refuse to be drawn into arguments, battles and just point blank say you have been advised to make all arrangements and further requests via your solicitor.

Exhausting and completely draining yes but you're over the worst of it. Do not take the bait and let them wear you down at this stage.

You're almost home halo

Rinse, spit and get back up there you're not done yet (ding-ding-ding)
youtu.be/p7CaiWxKYBo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »