Talk

Advanced search

To expect my sons to not....

(36 Posts)
obimomkanobi Mon 09-Jul-07 18:37:59

Shout, jump, fight, wrestle and rampage around my house all the feckin time?

I don't expect them to sit like statues but I would like some time during the day without them shouting, stamping, crying 'cos they've been hurt.

And call me old fashioned, but my living room isn't wembley feckin stadium and I don't want to have to dodge fecking footballs.

And I'm sure it's nice to pick your nose while you are having a pooh on the toilet, but please don't wipe your snot on the bathroom wall.

And if you both went to sleep when I put you to bed instead of pratting around for 2 hours, you wouldn't be so fecking tired and grumpy.

I'm a bit edgy this evening, handle me carefully.

But my sons are getting on my wick!!!!!

Saturn74 Mon 09-Jul-07 18:39:21

How old are they?
I find it easier to ban mine from the house during daylight hours.

flibbertyjibbet Mon 09-Jul-07 18:39:52

I've just seen into my future and it doesn't sound good....

obimomkanobi Mon 09-Jul-07 18:49:40

They are 3 and 7.

gordieracer Mon 09-Jul-07 21:01:10

Mine are 3 and 7 and are exactly the same, only i've found worse than snot wiped on the wall.
Front room is covered in blue sand, don't have the energy to hoover for the 10th time.

peanutbear Mon 09-Jul-07 21:06:05

YANBU mine are 3-8 and believe it or not are still at it but in their bedroom

they have taken to not lifting the seat when going to the loo to

youpeskykids Mon 09-Jul-07 21:09:06

I find bogeys wiped on the wall next to DS1's bed (he's 3.7).

Really great. Once allowed to dry
overnight, it is like trying to get week old weetabix off of a bowl.

Lovely creatures (I have DS2 15 weeks) aren't they?!

youpeskykids Mon 09-Jul-07 21:09:26

Or should I more correctly have said bogies?

obimomkanobi Mon 09-Jul-07 22:10:33

They are now asleep. On the floor of their room. With the cat between them.

But they are quiet.

alicet Mon 09-Jul-07 22:12:34

OMG I have one ds and another on the way.... Is this what I have to look forward to???!!!

unknownrebelbang Mon 09-Jul-07 22:17:13

And it doesn't really get any better, lol.

Tommy Mon 09-Jul-07 22:20:50

mine are 5 and 3 and have also just decided that lifting the toilet seat to wee is a bit boring as well....

do you get the taking every single piece of bed linen off the beds and piled in a heap on the floor too?

DS3 on 5m - do you think I can save him before it's too late?!

tortoise Mon 09-Jul-07 22:20:54

My DS's are 10 and 7. And no it doesn't get any better! Just louder and more physical!

Mine have taken to peeing without lifting the seat lately too.

katylui1 Mon 09-Jul-07 22:20:58

I think my DS is gay - he is constantly pratting about tidying things - does my head in, can't take him shopping anymore as he opinion is too honest (used to tell me I looked fancy in everything, now he observes my fatness). He is 7 ffs. Wish he would get all filthy and kick a football around - saves him contantly trying on my Manolo's!

katylui1 Mon 09-Jul-07 22:21:47

Yep, doesn't lift the loo seat - just sits on it!

cba Mon 09-Jul-07 22:24:38

my two boys are 6 and 4, i agree with all of you. I have even stopped my neighbour a few weeks ago if the boys get less physical as they get older, her boys are 12 and 10. She said no, gets worse.

i also have a dd 2years old and she is a walk in the park compared to the boys, she sits still. When they are getting too roudy she shouts "boys stop it now"

I will watch this thread with interest

flibbertyjibbet Mon 09-Jul-07 23:09:43

I think I might just have time to leave home and sign over full custody to dp as mine are 2 and 1...

Spider Mon 09-Jul-07 23:11:33

I have three boys aged 2, 5 and 7 and they are similarly wild. Boys are physical. The only thing which works for me is to get them out as much as possible come rain or shine.

I feel sorry for my dd. I feel sorry for me too come to think of it. Boys ARE hard work for mums.

cylonbabe Mon 09-Jul-07 23:18:11

went to visit my aunt. was having a wonderful time chatting as her sons, my cousins were playing with them in the other room. i just sort of assumed they wer e on playstations or some such.
walked into the room, normal size bedroom, with single bed, and computer in it. some weight lifting barbells in the corner etc etc. ds's 9 and 5, and dcouzinx 16 and 19. all playing a feckiing game of cricket!

my aunt apparently perfectly used to them doing this. she has no garden. and is only pleased they dont play it in the living room.

oh, and dd, aged 4 now is just as much of a tomboy. has been known to jump on her now six year old dbrother and say, 'lets wrestle'

obimomkanobi Tue 10-Jul-07 08:35:01

They are playing football in the living room as I type.

Leati Tue 10-Jul-07 08:44:04

LOL. I have three boys and you have my sympathy. I feel like a broken record machine. Don't jump on the couch...Don't jump on the couch...settle down...settle down...stop hitting each other...stop hitting each other...don't throw the ball in the house ...don't throw the ball in the house...don't jump on the couch...etc
I've seen the snot on the wall, the hand down the pants, the spider man wall crawl, and so much more.

If you find a cure let me know.

compo Tue 10-Jul-07 08:47:49

could you remove the footballs to the garden?
If i let ds have footballs in the lounge my house would be like Wembley Stadium too

Anna8888 Tue 10-Jul-07 08:49:03

Do you have a garden/anywhere they can play outside?

Boys aren't meant to be kept indoors and cooped up - they need to run around, wrestle etc...

Leati Tue 10-Jul-07 08:54:25

MMM...
I have had more trips to the Emergency Room than anyone I know, and they all started with outside play. Broken Arms, knocked out teeth, and oh theres that time my son ran into a hot bbq.

I agree outside time is important but supervise very carefully.

Leati Tue 10-Jul-07 08:55:11

Oh wait... I forgot the cut of toe (doc was able to fix it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now