Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think this woman is now just taking the p**s

(15 Posts)
Shootfirstaskquestionslater Thu 14-Mar-19 17:15:16

I know someone who works for younique and a few times she has posted on FB about wanting to borrow someone’s face to practice her make up skills I said she could use mine so she then spent a week arranging and cancelling appointments and coming up with excuses. I forgot all about it until she messaged me and ask if she could come and do the make up for me I thought she would turn up because she had arranged it with me no she didn’t bother and didn’t get in touch to explain why. On Monday she got in touch again wanting me to buy over priced make up and arranged to come and see me today and she’s not turned up again no message or reason for cancelling she’s just not turned up am starting to get annoyed now. If she wants people to buy her make up it would work better if she didn’t constantly let people down and waste their time. I now have no plans to buy the make up off her. AIBU to be annoyed with her.

YouTheCat Thu 14-Mar-19 17:18:57

Just message her and tell her you're taking back your offer of allowing her to practise on you and that you won't buy any of her products.

ThreeBagsFullofWool Thu 14-Mar-19 17:19:01

I think you're both being unreasonable to be in any way associated with a well known MLM con.

Grumpyoldblonde Thu 14-Mar-19 17:19:46

Do you think there’s a slight chance you are being unreasonable?

Just don’t make any more arrangements. The makeup is overpriced crap anyway.

OnoAnotherNC Thu 14-Mar-19 17:20:19

Count yourself lucky as I believe Younique is really overpriced and rubbish. She doesn't want to 'borrow your face' she wants to inflict a sales pitch on you and guilt you into buying.

Mediumsizeddancer Thu 14-Mar-19 17:20:25

She’s doing you a favour. Younique is a total con and the make up is overpriced tat.

AmIRightOrAMeringue Thu 14-Mar-19 17:22:33

Just don't rearrange. You know she won't just be practicing she will be expecting you to buy a load of the stuff she has used on you?

Drum2018 Thu 14-Mar-19 17:24:10

I'd just block her on fb so she can't message you again.

PtahNeith Thu 14-Mar-19 17:25:50

YABU for encouraging somebody involved with an mlm.

Besides which she quite obviously didn't actually want to do that. Why are you making your own life unnecessarily difficult?

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Thu 14-Mar-19 17:31:00

YouTheCat thank you I will do that just sick of her not turning up now.

ThreeBagsFullofWool what do you mean a con.

grumpyoldblonde the last couple of times it’s been her who’s got in touch with me to arrange the appointments not me getting in touch with her.

OnoAnotherNC I should’ve worked that one out when she messaged me offering me make up and telling me that she would include stuff that she’s used for free I didn’t take her up on that offer.

Mediumsizeddancer it is really expensive stuff but what do you mean it’s a con.

AmIRightOrAMeringue yeah I think your right there it’s just an opportunity for her to try and get me to buy the stuff think I will forget about the idea. I only wanted to do it to find out what works best with my skin tone but I would probably be better off going to a professional.

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Thu 14-Mar-19 17:33:07

Drum2018 yeah I think I will do that.

PtahNeith I’m just going to forget about it now she doesn’t seem to mind about wasting my time. So I’ll find someone else to do make up for me.

Ilove31415926535 Thu 14-Mar-19 17:43:02

ellebeaublog.com/poonique/
A blog about Younique - might be an eye opener for you and your friend.

Motoko Thu 14-Mar-19 17:45:18

If you want to find out what works best for your skin tone, book an appointment at a make up counter in Boots, or a department store.

Younique is a well known MLM con. The products are overpriced, and not good quality. MLM is a pyramid scheme, where the only people who make money from it, are the people at the top. The ones at the bottom, like this woman, will be losing money, because they have to pay for their products. They also have to try and recruit others into the business.

Google something like MLM scam, or What's wrong with MLMs.

FullOfJellyBeans Thu 14-Mar-19 17:47:00

I can't believe you're only just starting to get annoyed. I wouldn't even entertain the idea of her coming round. Younique is just a big con anyway. Go to a good make up counter for advice.

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Thu 14-Mar-19 17:51:41

ILove314159266535 thank you I will have a read of that.

Motoko thank you I think I will do that am more likely to get my makeup done that way. I will do that I have never looked into younique so I had no idea it was such a bad company.

FullOfJellyBeans after all this messing around I won’t be entertaining the idea anymore. I will do at least they won’t do a hard sell on me or mess me around.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »