Talk

Advanced search

To think my house is cursed?

(6 Posts)
DefinitelynotMarge Thu 14-Mar-19 16:01:10

Ok, I know I'm probably being ridiculous.

We moved into our new house 18 months ago. When we viewed the house, I didn't fall in love with it, but it was a very good house and suited our needs in every way, location, size. We'd missed out on several other houses and couldn't bear to miss another so put in a very good offer.

The woman who owned it had spent a lot of money doing it up and appeared to be still in the process of doing up the house but she'd had an 'accident' as the estate agent had put it and had had to go into full time care.

It's a beautiful house and we've really made it our own, but since we have lived here it feels as though we've had nothing but bad luck.

I don't want to say too much and out myself but things such as serious family illness, money problems (not us but close family), ridiculous problems with our utility companies that you couldn't even imagine, problems with planning applications. Problems with the dcs schools. Lots of other things too but we just seem to be facing problems at every turn.

The house really is lovely, I don't even think we'd find such a good house in terms of the size and shape of the rooms, the layout, everything really.

But I'm just not 100% at ease here, I feel creeped out when dh works away, my mum doesn't like the house with no real reason.

I don't even think we can move as we wouldn't get what we paid for it right now and we wouldn't find anything as big for the money either.

OnlyFoolsnMothers Thu 14-Mar-19 16:18:18

burn some sage!

Loopytiles Thu 14-Mar-19 16:20:33

Coincidences, plus fairly common hassle of moving.

Are you superstitious in general?

FuzzyPuffling Thu 14-Mar-19 16:24:05

We had our house blessed by the local vicar when we moved here. Nothing spooky about the house, but it felt like a good thing to do and we included prayers for the previous occupants (who had both died - not in the house) It made it feel properly ours.

DefinitelynotMarge Thu 14-Mar-19 16:25:38

I will try burning sage.

I didn't think that I was superstitious but I must be more than I realised.

DianaPrincessOfThemyscira Thu 14-Mar-19 16:28:16

Yeah I agree with LoopyTiles. Curses aren’t real. It’s bad luck and coincidences.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »