Talk

Advanced search

Or is this RIDICULOUS!!! - Wedding

(408 Posts)
HarrysOwl Thu 14-Mar-19 10:22:27

Also, heavily tattooed (sleeves down both arms and neck). Long black acrylic nails- absoloutley wouldn’t look right in any getting ready pics

Better clutch my pearls.

It comes across a bit precious with this, OP, sorry.

she felt so uncomfortable and some of the things the salon staff were saying

Can you give us some examples?

I wouldn't mind what someone looks like, if they do a good job.

MarthasGinYard Thu 14-Mar-19 10:22:12

Just go to your regular hairdresser

MinervaVause Thu 14-Mar-19 10:22:02

I didn’t have a stylist when I got married but a couple of friends had at least 3 different ones booked for their weddings then just chose the one they preferred after their “trials” and cancelled the others.

Too late for you now though.

Have you phoned a few independent “mobile” stylists. There’s some excellent ones that just don’t want to work in salons. You might have more luck.

MarthasGinYard Thu 14-Mar-19 10:21:42

'Also, heavily tattooed (sleeves down both arms and neck). Long black acrylic nails- absoloutley wouldn’t look right in any getting ready pics'

I wouldn't give a toss about that

How ridiculous

Did you like the hair?

Grumblepants Thu 14-Mar-19 10:21:37

I think it's a little mean to judge her on her appearance, after all when she got tattooed she wasn't to know it wouldn't fit with your wedding photos.
However if you are not happy with the hair style (I had this exact problem, my stylist was beyond shit) I'd put a shout out on Facebook asking if any of your friends can recommend someone for the date you need. Good luck.

onanothertrain Thu 14-Mar-19 10:21:10

Why didn't you just book a normal appointment if you couldn't get a trial earlier?
What's wrong with using your normal hairdresser?

Spaceunicorn6789 Thu 14-Mar-19 10:18:40

Also, heavily tattooed (sleeves down both arms and neck). Long black acrylic nails- absoloutley wouldn’t look right in any getting ready pics

This is ridiculous. Is this actually a thing people think about when they're getting married?!?!

HappyHattie Thu 14-Mar-19 10:16:05

I get married in 12 weeks time.

I booked a hairstylist over eight months ago! After careful consideration...etc. (I’d heard good things about this salon/ read reviews online).

I asked to come in for a trial earlier but was told no, not until 2-3 months before- this seemed to be standard practise amongst wedding hair stylist...so fine.

Went for my ‘trial’ the other day (keeping in mind that it’s a stately home wedding, and I have two very shy under 10 flower girls looking forward to getting their hair done, so I want the morning getting ready to be chilled out...etc)

The woman I’d expected (heard good things about) was no longer there. The woman who did my hair was...not right. I’m not even kidding. My mother (who came with me) had to go for a walk, she felt so uncomfortable and some of the things the salon staff were saying 🙄.

Also, heavily tattooed (sleeves down both arms and neck). Long black acrylic nails- absoloutley wouldn’t look right in any getting ready pics. And my hair started falling out 30 mine after I left 😒

Not an option. So I rang about 20 other wedding hair stylists yesterday to be told...sorry we book like a year in advance. Which is fair enough, but if none of them offer trials until 2-3 months before the date, then what the hell are you supposed to do if your trial goes horribly???

You have no other choice!!!

Short of not getting a hairstylist (and we need one)...I have no idea what the hell to do!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »