Talk

Advanced search

NDN 3rd car (detailed/complex parking diagram)

(13 Posts)
Myusernameismud Wed 13-Mar-19 18:37:18

We live on a new build estate and rent our house from a Housing Association, as do all other houses on my diagram. Our front door is on the main road. Cheeky Fucker NDNs front door is on the residential Rd. Every house has allocated parking for at least one car, ours is a space in the car park at rear of house. CF NDN have a garage and a drive. Their family consists of DH, DW and their 3 DCs (all under 7).
They had 2 cars one of which was parked on their drive and one in front of their house.

Shortly before Christmas, a random 4x4 appeared on the main road, right on the junction. It didn't move until early Feb, when it was replaced by CF NDN battered old Astra. Long story short, turns out they now have 3 cars (2 4x4s and the Astra) which they park in locations 1, 2 and 3. One of the conditions of our tenancy agreement is that we don't park on the main road as we have an allocated space and it was a condition when the estate was built that nobody would park on main road. Its a really busy through road. So understandably it pisses me off that CF NDN have a car parked outside our house. Admittedly it's half outside the side of their house, the houses are laid out so that the side of our house is attached to the back of theirs.

They only use 2 of their 3 cars (and yes I've checked all 3 are taxed/MOTd!) so the Astra literally doesn't move.

AIBU to ring the HA and have a whinge about this? I don't want to be that neighbour, but aside from the fact it's pissing me off, it's actually causing an obstruction. The main road is fairly narrow, and if there's oncoming traffic, you can't have 2 cars passing each other because the Astra is in the way. Also, it seriously reduces visibility when turning out of the residential road. It's definitely within 10 metres of the junction, so that in itself is a highway code violation.

Myusernameismud Wed 13-Mar-19 18:37:43

Pic isn't great, some zooming in may be required!

LakieLady Wed 13-Mar-19 18:44:30

If it's within 10 metres of the junction, and if 10 metres is the minimum (it seems like quite a long way to me) report it.

One of my neighbours got a parking ticket for parking too close to a corner, they were reported by the people whose house they parked outside.

Myusernameismud Wed 13-Mar-19 18:46:21

Never any traffic wardens around here, would they send one just to ticket a car in a rural village? In general, parking is not an issue round here as most houses have garages and drives.

And who do I report to? Local Authority?!

bestofme Wed 13-Mar-19 18:53:28

Check your lease. There will mostly certainly be a clause relating to parking on the estate. Also contact your HA and report the problem. One of the housing advisors in their tenancy services team will deal with any nuisance parking.

bestofme Wed 13-Mar-19 18:58:45

Sorry just reread your post, as there is a clause in the lease stating cars should not be parked on the main road, the HA will deal with the nuisance parking.

Myusernameismud Wed 13-Mar-19 20:26:56

Quietest parking thread in history? I know it's not very juicy, but it's bugging me!

Unlikelyfarmerswife Wed 13-Mar-19 20:33:13

Yeah that would really annoy me, especially the lack of visibility. Why do they need a third car? Get it reported!

Myusernameismud Wed 13-Mar-19 22:29:25

I honestly don't know. From what I can see, there's only one day a week when they both work and use both cars. The Astra is never used. It literally hasn't moved since early Feb.
I'll report to HA in the morn, and if they don't seem concerned I guess I'll call the council!

ATBhinchers Wed 13-Mar-19 22:43:15

Absolutely report it to whoever owns and runs the estate. Or knock on NDN and say you don't want to be a tell tale but you heard another neighbour say they were going to report them as you're not allowed to park on the main road and the car doesn't get used anyway and is potentially abandoned, but of course you cannot name said neighbour and you don't want to get involved but you're doing the nice neighbourly thing of letting them know before they get a ticket/car removed etc wink I've ridden this video before and this tactic of being their friend works so well. Good luck OP.

ATBhinchers Wed 13-Mar-19 22:43:43

*rodeo not video!!

RestingBitchFaced Thu 14-Mar-19 08:49:09

Report it

Annonymiss123 Thu 14-Mar-19 08:54:29

I agree with ATB - good suggestion.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »