Talk

Advanced search

TV for 15 month old

(8 Posts)
happysaturday Wed 13-Mar-19 18:21:14

DH keeps putting films on the TV that in my eyes are wayyyyyyy to grown up to be on when 15 month old DC is around. Films like....

Marvel movies
Harry Potter
Warcraft

I know these aren't the most frightening films, but I just don't think they're appropriate to have on while DC is around. AIBU?

MrsPinkCock Wed 13-Mar-19 18:37:52

At that age, they’re not going to notice. It wouldn’t bother me.

user1471426142 Wed 13-Mar-19 18:38:07

No doubt people will tell you it’s fine but I don’t think it is. We stopped watching adult tv in front of our baby pretty early on. At first they just see the light/like the patterns but by 15m they are starting to absorb and understand so much more. At what point would your DH stop having them on in the background or is he never planning on stopping?

areyoureallysaying Wed 13-Mar-19 18:40:05

We've always had whatever we wanted on the TV and if they are interested they have watched with us

goldengummybear Wed 13-Mar-19 18:41:26

Even if they aren't watching, listening to the shouting and screaming isn't really good for your child.

happysaturday Wed 13-Mar-19 18:45:03

I think he does take notice... if we put in the night garden on he circles his finger around his hand like in the opening credits. I've also heard him clap with the audience when MIL has her game shows on at her house

Camomila Wed 13-Mar-19 18:57:53

I think that was around the age where I stopped putting adult things on with DS in the room, we had Doctor Who on one eve and DS started getting really scared of the music.

As a slight high jack what do you all do about things that aren't scary but might not be appropriate...so something like Young Sheldon, which is mostly fine but has the odd adult bit?

happysaturday Wed 13-Mar-19 19:01:34

Hmmm... I haven't really thought about things like that Camomila. I don't tend to put the TV on much, or if I do it's CBeebies... you raise a good point!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: