Talk

Advanced search

To expect recruiters to contact you after an interview?

(9 Posts)
Hawkinsfirefly99 Wed 13-Mar-19 14:30:29

Had an interview last week and haven't heard from the recruiter as to the outcome. They seem to have a habit of ghosting after interviews. Personally i think this is rude given i put the time and effort in to going to the interview in the first place.

Just needed to rant!

SnuggyBuggy Wed 13-Mar-19 14:34:34

I think a lot of employers treat staff and applicants like shit

blackcatonthebed Wed 13-Mar-19 14:35:11

I think it's rude too.

JenniferJareau Wed 13-Mar-19 14:38:50

Did they give you a timeframe to reply to you?

It is rude when you have gone to the trouble of interviewing with them. The very least they could do is send you an email acknowledgement.

I did read an article on LinkedIn earlier this year saying that recruitment agencies and employers are starting to get ghosted by candidates a lot more than in the past.

WineCheeseSleep Wed 13-Mar-19 14:40:01

YANBU, very poor form. I used to do some recruitment and couldn't keep on top of and reply to every application email we received but would never have just ghosted someone after they'd come for an interview.

Justanotherlurker Wed 13-Mar-19 14:53:22

You could ring them up and ask?

General rule of thumb i have heard is that if you don't hear anything you haven't got the job. Maybe rude in some circs but depending on your job recruiters can be comparable with sales, so they are chasing up commission etc. They will prob be in touch if they have you in mind for another job. But you never know they may call you by the end of this week?

Rockmysocks Wed 13-Mar-19 17:12:46

They're the same in Ireland. They're all over you like a cheap suit, friendly and frothy all the way to the contract (and they get their commission). If the company isn't interested, they drop you like toxic waste.

MillicentMartha Wed 13-Mar-19 17:38:14

My DS1 went to an interview 3 weeks ago in London. He really liked the job and was told they’d let him know ‘within a week.’ He had another job offer but preferred the London one. Two weeks go by, he didn’t want to hassle them, but tried phoning, only ever got an answer machine, so eventually left a message backed up by an email. Still no reply. I guess he knew they were ghosting him but he’d really liked the job. Finally rejected him on Tuesday. Luckily the other job offer was still open, which he’s now accepted.

It’s so rude, how much effort does it take to email a standard rejection?

ADayAlwaysHasToEnd Wed 13-Mar-19 17:44:56

Sometimes it takes so long as they don't want to reject everyone while they wait for their first choice to reply. As said upthread sometimes applicants now ghost employers. So if your second or third it can take a while to get a rejection. Especially if they give their first choice a week or something

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »