Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

...to be fecking furious at teenagers chucking broken bottles in our local kids' playground?

(13 Posts)
krang Mon 09-Jul-07 14:19:22

I am so furious, I could throttle someone, and may do that before the day is out.

We live in a lovely estate of old railway cottages in London. We are very lucky to have a great community here and also good facilities - there's a kids' playground just a few minutes from where I live. Me and DS (17 months) like to walk there and see what we can see along the way.

So guess what we see this morning - a group of teenagers sitting on the climbing frame. Just as we get in, one of them chucks a bottle. Smash, it goes all over the little adventure playground which is DS's favourite thing to climb on.

So I demand: "Who threw that?"

Mutter, mutter, 'wasn't me'.

So I deliver the following monologue:

1. I don't give a toss who threw it, actually. I'm going to have a go at all of you.
2. How DARE YOU throw bottles in a kids' playground
3. You're a bunch of pathetic, cowardly morons and you should be fecking ashamed of yourselves.
4. I've taken pics of you on my phone and I'm going to report you to the council and to the police.
5. Hope when you have kids you'll never have to tell them sorry, darling, you can't play on there because it has broken glass all over it.

I then march off with a screaming DS under my arm who can't understand why he can't play on the adventure playground.

I went back ten minutes later. They had all gone. I think I scared them off.

So I currently feel a mixture of utter elation that I faced down ten large teenagers, insane fear about what could have happened, and guilt for swearing in front of DS.

Sixer Mon 09-Jul-07 14:23:37

Good for you. I'd be shaking all over if I had confronted them. I just hope now for the sake of your DS and other children, You call the council, ask them to clean up please and pass on info of the culprits.

bookthief Mon 09-Jul-07 14:26:02

<<<round of applause>>>

I'd have slunk off in furious, unproductive anger so well done for facing up to them. At least you did what you could. Have you phoned the council and asked them to send someone to clear up?

doughnuts Mon 09-Jul-07 14:26:40

Well done krang !!! I'm sure youe ds would be proud of you and never mind about the swearing...I'd've probably been furious but would have lacked the bottle (!) to say anything and then felt cross with myself for being such a wuss

krang Mon 09-Jul-07 14:31:38

I am shaking...a bit. But more from rage. This is the first time I've had that blind Mummy Bear rage.

I'm going to go up there myself once DH is home and clear it up. If we wait for the council it'll be weeks.

I have also phoned the women who runs the residents' association and knows everybody and everything. She is going to talk to the police and to the council. Hah. Bloody teenagers didn't know they were also taking on the might of the Residents' Association!

I am also going to tell everyone I know on the estate to look out for the little shits and make their lives hell till they bugger off and decide petty vandalism round here isn't worth the effort.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 09-Jul-07 14:35:37

Well done krang!!.

Were they by chance wearing school uniform?. If they were I'd also have a word with their school.

SueBaroo Mon 09-Jul-07 14:35:52

*bows to Krang in awed respect*

Bloody good on you. I'd love the opportunity to do the same, but I'm never at the park at the same time as the little oiks. We gave up ages ago because my dc would need Sufi fire-walking skills to get to the swings.

Sixer Mon 09-Jul-07 14:37:03

Phone the council as well. The more people that phone the quicker they will jump on their carts and get down there and clear up. Who would be held responsible if a child cuts them self?. Bearing in mind some children may well use the park without and adult present. Please phone.

Bouncingturtle Mon 09-Jul-07 14:37:18

Krang, you deserve citizen of the year award, how uttely super of you
Too many people would have just walked away rather than confront them. I really hope you put the fear of God in them - it certainoly sounds like it!!!!

Sixer Mon 09-Jul-07 14:38:35

in fact what council is it? do you have a number? i'll call. (don't need to tell them i'm in Somserset)

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 09-Jul-07 14:43:14

Good for you Krang.More people need to make a stand like this. Why were they not in school anyway!

krang Mon 09-Jul-07 14:48:01

I just called the council - they said they'd send someone down asap. Still going to go and check though.

No school uniforms - a lot of schools round here don't have them.

I think I did scare them, the little shits. Ha ha. My sister always used to say: "There's nothing scarier than a woman who looks a bit mad." I think she was right.

Feeling quite good now. Might start work on my super crime-fighting heroine costume tonight.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 09-Jul-07 14:52:41

pmsl

nice one,you go girl!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now