Talk

Advanced search

Boris Johnson says "£60 million spaffed up against the wall"

(22 Posts)
longwayoff Wed 13-Mar-19 12:56:34

Totally wasted money investigating historic child sex abuse says Boris on LBC this morning. Didn't mention the £34 million "invested " in the non existent garden bridge. Vile man.

TheShiteRunner Wed 13-Mar-19 12:57:37

He's a total bell end and it says so much about the state of British politics that a man like this can actually be taken seriously.

nauseous5000 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:10:03

Just when you think he can't get any worse...

DGRossetti Wed 13-Mar-19 13:11:31

It's a drop in the ocean compared to how much Brexit has cost us so far (and counting ....)

Merryoldgoat Wed 13-Mar-19 13:13:21

Is anyone actually surprised though? He's a vile man with vile opinions and I'm only surprise he hasn't shown his contempt sooner.

CloserIAm2Fine Wed 13-Mar-19 13:14:58

He’s vile, I wish the media would stop encouraging him to air his foul opinions

NotACleverName Wed 13-Mar-19 13:17:52

This coming from a man who should've been spaffed into a tissue/sock.

In all seriousness, though, what does this trash bag of a human being have to do to lose his job?

longwayoff Wed 13-Mar-19 13:41:54

Lose his job? He's still got a fan base who'd have him as next Tory leader, god forbid.

buttermilkwaffles Wed 13-Mar-19 13:52:04

Hypocritical given all the money wasted on the Garden Bridge project and water cannons when he was Mayor of London, not to mention the costs of Brexit so far...

But he probably doesn't even really think that and is just doing what Trump does - say something outrageous as a distraction from something else, in this case the current Brexit mess...

Alsohuman Wed 13-Mar-19 13:56:43

The Labour MP who described him as a “shameless, dangerous oaf” has it on the nose. Hope he loses his seat in the next election.

MullofKintire Wed 13-Mar-19 14:03:16

Nothing compared to the entire future of the country being “spaffed against the wall” as a result of BJ deciding to back the Brexit campaign to boost his political career.

Amoral, charlatan - and a completely incompetent as foreign secretary when given a government role

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Wed 13-Mar-19 20:24:32

That choice of words too 🤢 he is absolutely abhorrent. It’s made me so angry this afternoon.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Wed 13-Mar-19 20:29:08

Do we get the whole quote or just one line?

slipperywhensparticus Wed 13-Mar-19 20:29:43

43 million on garden bridge I think that was a sort of shame really the pictures looked so pretty!

But the guy is a knob

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 13-Mar-19 20:31:34

Is he laying in front of the bulldozers yet?

IdaDown Wed 13-Mar-19 20:47:47

This is a man who has lived his life in a very comfortable, privileged bubble.

The sooner The Commons starts to represent the population of the UK, rather than the microcosm of a small number of schools/unis, the better.

Just because you read PPE/history and have gone straight into politics from there doesn’t make you right or a good MP. Or indeed an internship in a magic circle firm set up by a friend of the family.

Jsmith99 Wed 13-Mar-19 20:52:06

‘Spaffing’ is a competitive sport at Eton, I believe. Boris was school champion in his day. Some of his spaffing records still stand, and are spoken of in revered terms. An annual spaffing grudge match against Harrow is held to establish who are the biggest bunch of posh wankers.

ForalltheSaints Wed 13-Mar-19 21:22:44

He should have had the Tory whip withdrawn a long time ago.

In his time as London Mayor there was not just the garden bridge. The buses with conductors who did not take fares or check tickets, the cable car to almost nowhere, the badly executed cycle lanes, and then the reduction in police. Possibly second only to Grayling for incompetence.

longwayoff Wed 13-Mar-19 21:26:04

Plainspeaking, full interview available on lbc website I believe.

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles Thu 14-Mar-19 07:33:02

PlainSpeaking, why - do you think the whole quote would put a line like that into an "acceptable" context? He is a hateful vile man and the Tories should be ashamed they are condoning his behaviour and statements like this.

Anyway, if you can't be arsed to google it to engage in the thread, here you are:

"One comment I would make is that I think an awful lot of the money, an awful lot of police time, now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey - £60m I saw was being spaffed up the wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing.

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Thu 14-Mar-19 13:58:05

How anyone believes in 2019 that using a slang (public school boy) term meaning ejaculating is in any way appropriate to refer to money spent on historic child abuse cases is beyond me.
Just remember when you are voting Tory at the next election you are likely to be putting him in number 10.

Vargas Thu 14-Mar-19 14:13:40

I've never understood the appetite the British have for someone who acts like a complete knob/fascist, but gets lots of air time and posited as next PM just because they speak Latin and make witty remarks.
Like BJ and Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Give me boring, but honest and decent any day....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »