Talk

Advanced search

For my lunch to get me this excited?

(82 Posts)
SleepingIsOverrated Wed 13-Mar-19 12:45:45

So.... lunch for me is usually a ham sandwich. It's fairly boring and predictable and is usually accompanied by a bag of walkers ready salted.

Today it's marinated chicken on a pitta and honestly, I feel like a new woman. It feels exotic... even though it's actually just last nights leftovers heated up and shoved into a pitta from Tesco.

AIBU to feel so excited for having a different type of meat on a different type of bread?!!
What's everyone else got for lunch today?

dancemom Wed 13-Mar-19 12:48:02

Homemade leek, kale and potato soup with some crackers - was yum!

SleepingIsOverrated Wed 13-Mar-19 12:49:07

Oh @dancemom that's sounds so nice when the weather is so rubbish.

Tiles Wed 13-Mar-19 12:50:30

I had a slice of goasts cheese tart with a massive salad.

I always have the same lunch too and normally have a ham and salad pitta bread and a bag of wotsits!

It's good to shake it up every now and then!

WeepingWillowWeepingWino Wed 13-Mar-19 12:50:38

Pret sandwich. I'll go for either Italian Prosciutto or Chicken Bacon caesar.

I am incapable of ever getting bored of Pret sandwiches, I've love them for about 15 years.

caperplips Wed 13-Mar-19 12:50:47

That sounds lovely and I might try it tomorrow!
I have started taking lunch into work with me to control calories and I tend to take the same thing most days - 2 slices of 5 seed bread, lean ham and a slice of cheese. With a small banana and a satsuma. It is a bt boring but I don't mind as I know what I am dealing with and it allows me more freedom with my dinner!

What did you marinade the chicken in?

SapphireSeptember Wed 13-Mar-19 12:51:05

I will be having tomato and basil soup with sweet potato mash (both shop bought, I'm lazy.) Although I'll be mixing cream cheese and dried chives into the mash, yummy! smile

Lyricallie Wed 13-Mar-19 12:53:19

I always take in lunch because my lunch canteen is so unhealthy - think school dinners pre Jamie Oliver lol.

Today I had a veggie stir fry as it’s so quick to make in the evenings.

Tomorrow it’s baked potato and some spaghetti hoops. As I baked two potatoes for dinner last night one for then one for tomorrow.

SleepingIsOverrated Wed 13-Mar-19 12:53:17

@caperplips I just popped it into a Tupperware with a squeeze of lemon juice, a minced garlic clove, sea salt & cracked black pepper, a bit of thyme and some oil. Left it in the fridge all day before pan frying it last night.

Wait... does that actually count as marinating? hmm not the best at these things. That's problem why I'm so impressed with my lunch grin

SleepingIsOverrated Wed 13-Mar-19 12:53:54

*probably why

Treaclepie19 Wed 13-Mar-19 12:54:23

A falafel wrap from co-op! smile

pumpkinpie01 Wed 13-Mar-19 12:56:01

I have got pasta with pesto and some cream cheese mixed in with some olives too, its in the fridge but I have already started picking at it, so bored at work today Im pretty sure its going to be the highlight of my working day.

SleepingIsOverrated Wed 13-Mar-19 12:57:55

Oh @pumpkinpie01 mine sounds significantly less fancy now gringrin

DinaCaliente Wed 13-Mar-19 12:58:28

I'm low carbing to try and lose a bit of weight, I brought in a greek salad today that I prepared last night and it was yum and huge.

Overtheborder Wed 13-Mar-19 12:58:42

I have a tikka chicken salad.

Asda chicken tikka, half a tub of their ribbon salad with extra cucumber and cherry tomatoes. And a small tub of salad cream.

Am calorie counting also!

Heismyopendoor Wed 13-Mar-19 13:00:27

I’m making potato tacos for me and the kids, with homemade salsa and guacamole and probably some grated carrots and salad. They love it, very nutrious and fills them up.

5foot5 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:01:15

I always take my own lunch.

Today is a nod to 5-2 (which I don't really do rigorously anymore) so is fairly lo-cal. Balls of melon(the nice orange sort) with a bit of low fat Feta and some olives.

Yesterday's was especially good - chicken and peppers with hasselback potatoes.

Heismyopendoor Wed 13-Mar-19 13:01:44

And I think it’s good to get excited about something different. Have you thought about always making extra to have as left overs for lunch? smile that’s usually my style of cooking lol - easy!

Whatweretheythinking Wed 13-Mar-19 13:02:40

I'm having a pot noodle wanna swap?

JenniferJareau Wed 13-Mar-19 13:02:44

Vegetable soup with a side of spicy beanburgers

LittleLongDog Wed 13-Mar-19 13:03:04

Wholemeal bagel: 1/2 cream cheese and smoked salmon and half peanut butter and jam.

And grapes, which I can’t reach as I put them out of the reach of the puppy and he’s fallen asleep on my lap (so obs can’t move now).

SleepingIsOverrated Wed 13-Mar-19 13:05:07

@Whatweretheythinking...: I've finished now. Although I haven't had a pot noodle for years and now want to see if they live up to my memory..

sobernotjustforoctober Wed 13-Mar-19 13:05:41

Chicken salad with chillies and quinoa and Caesar dressing.

BadlyAgedMemes Wed 13-Mar-19 13:08:49

All these lunches sound lovely. All I've had was a rhubard yoghurt and an orange, but that's because I'm home unexpectedly today, and literally can't even. I'll have something better in the afternoon...

Hoppinggreen Wed 13-Mar-19 13:10:12

I’ve just eaten 2 pieces of black pudding
I feel dirty but not sorry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: