Talk

Advanced search

Lost my noodle...

(21 Posts)
Fruitbatdancer Tue 12-Mar-19 22:39:35

15 of them to be exact.
Shameless Aibu post that should probably be in chat
I’m hosting a Star Wars party (don’t ask) and I’ve promised to provide 30 light sabres- I plan to cut pool noodles in half, wrap silver gaffa tape on the handle bit, then voila!
Only problem is I can’t find any online that will be here in a week or don’t require me to sell a kidney to afford them.
So- anyone seen one for sale? Anywhere? I fully appreciate I’m 3 months too early as I know Tesco did them last year 🙈
Help wise mumsnetters! I’ve already scoured Argos, b&m, Tesco and the range. Have u seen any?

TyneTeas Tue 12-Mar-19 22:45:13

Can you buy cheap torches and do something like this?

www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Light-Saber-Using-Everyday-Items

DarthLipgloss Tue 12-Mar-19 22:48:06

I did a SW party for DS and bought inflatable lightsabers from eBay for a pound each, would that work?

Catzpyjamas Tue 12-Mar-19 22:49:51

Amazon had set of 3 inflatable lightsabers for £3.47, delivered by Friday.

Lwmommy Tue 12-Mar-19 22:51:56

Decathalon £1.99 each www.decathlon.co.uk/swimming-float-noodle-120cm-id_8216134.html

GlacindaTheTroll Tue 12-Mar-19 22:52:50

Agree with previous posters - inflatable light sabres should be under £1:50 each (plus a puncture repair kit, or buy a couple of extras if you envisage vigorous use)

Much less effort than pimping noodles

Fruitbatdancer Tue 12-Mar-19 22:56:23

Thanks! I like the inflatable idea, am I bonkers to hand 30 of these out at a 5 year olds party? That aside if I can’t find a noodle the inflatables lol fab and can’t hurt much right?!

Singlenotsingle Tue 12-Mar-19 23:00:46

Yes you are bonkers. I had to hide the light -sabres because the 6yo and the 3yo fight each other with them, like swords. It can get dangerous. And if they had friends round, it turned into open warfare. Picture a battlefield shock

Lwmommy Tue 12-Mar-19 23:01:59

Just remembered a friends DS had a party and she used those big bubble wands and wrapped duct tape round the handles to look like a light sabre. I know ive seen the big bubble wands in wilko and pound shop recently.

scrappydappydoo Tue 12-Mar-19 23:03:11

I did this - got them in Poundland... might be worth checking?

NoArmaniNoPunani Tue 12-Mar-19 23:03:17

Try your local swimming pool, mine sells noodles

GreenTulips Tue 12-Mar-19 23:05:06

Funnily enough our light Sabre's disappeared along with the recorders, strange black hole I recon

Fruitbatdancer Tue 12-Mar-19 23:08:58

@greentulips same black hole that ate our nerf guns.
The wand idea also good but worried will hurt. It’s in a large village hall and I plan on blowing up 150 balloons to add tot the crazy (I will delegate the puffing bit!)

Fruitbatdancer Tue 12-Mar-19 23:10:14

Will check local swimming pool! Great idea! Have also got a pack of inflatables coming tomorrow to test out!

NC4Now Tue 12-Mar-19 23:12:29

You don’t need a ligh sabre per person. I’d say 1:3 would work.

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Tue 12-Mar-19 23:14:45

I went to a Star Wars 5th birthday where they had those inflatable things. Much less effort and surely cheaper than pool noodles?

It did lead to quite a lot of completely uncontrolled bashing of people though and was not something I’d have repeated if I was the birthday mum!

Fruitbatdancer Tue 12-Mar-19 23:18:21

I was considering a ‘light saber holding station’ incase it got too much. I also have outside entertainers in dress up coming to do Jedi training. I have piñata’s too. Anything else I could do - would almost like a game with them not just uncontrollable carnage!
They’ll definitely all be allowed to take one home...

miltonroad Tue 12-Mar-19 23:53:02

Pipe lagging from b and q?
https://www.diy.com/departments/climaflex-pipe-lagging-dia-15mm/5413257001143_BQ.prd

BabyDarlingDollfaceHoney Wed 13-Mar-19 09:10:06

Cheap ones on amazon, delivered by Friday?

BabyDarlingDollfaceHoney Wed 13-Mar-19 09:10:50

Cross Post, sorry.

livingthegoodlife Wed 13-Mar-19 09:20:09

I actually can't think of anything worse than a bunch of five year olds with any form of light sabres especially pool noodles (aren't they a bit fat?)

Maybe as going home presents? Not at the party!!! They'll hit each other for sure....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »