Talk

Advanced search

Thought I was too old for this

(7 Posts)
serendipityspeaks Tue 12-Mar-19 22:32:19

I connect with 3 old friends on a chat group but for the past few months I can’t help but feel somewhat ostracised. I make comments which are ignored, topics I’m not a part of aren’t explained even when I ask what they are about and others have recently been invited out without asking me. Just wondering what you would all do or say in this situation. It’s all over group chat and I’ve considered leaving but thought it would look a bit passive aggressive. Thought about sending a message saying ‘wtf’ but felt it was a bit... How do I gracefully bow out with my integrity intact?

WithAllIntenseAndPurposes Tue 12-Mar-19 22:33:14

Mute it and just dip in a couple of times a week and say 'sorry been awfully busy'

BooksAreMyOnlyFriends Tue 12-Mar-19 22:37:24

They sound unkind. Their loss op. Concentrate on your friends who don't ignore you. Stay in the chat group though so you can have a nose from time to time wink

Parly Tue 12-Mar-19 22:39:24

I'd just leave the group chat. Nothing gets attention faster or creates a more furious level of gossiping and surmising like a simple "Parly has left the chat"

If they do ask just say there wasn't much going on and it was more annoying getting notifications and updates about who replied "lol"

Maybe post this and then leave the chat.
youtu.be/F3ptb0XlOXY

sobernotjustforoctober Tue 12-Mar-19 22:42:06

I hate group chats for that reason, and I have heard others moan about it too, how they feel ignored, left out etc. I have felt the same with certain groups also.

I think as a PP said, is just to mute the chat and maybe go on once or twice a week to check if there is anything needing responding to. If not, no need to write. I tend to notice the more effort you put in at times, the less is returned. So take a break for a bit, let them chatter amongst themselves. If they're good friends they'll notice you've been quiet and will reach out to check what's up.

theWarOnPeace Tue 12-Mar-19 22:43:04

Parly I just cackled like a witch watching that gif 😂

OP, take the above advice and definitely attach that ‘fuck this shit’ video!

serendipityspeaks Tue 12-Mar-19 22:43:07

All great advice and the video is perfect - my new theme
😂😂😂😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »