Talk

Advanced search

Rely on older DC’s or phone exP?

(6 Posts)
Sharpandshineyteeth Tue 12-Mar-19 17:16:50

I was discharged from hospital yesterday. Abdo pain and bleeding, 7 weeks post hysterectomy. They don’t really know why and didn’t bother doing the investigations they said they would. Anyway, another thread.

I have had the day at home to myself, been ok. Napped on and off. Went to pick up toddler DC(3) from nursery and she’s been a nightmare, probably because she’s been away from me but she’s screaming and tantruming. It hurts to pick her up and move about too much.

Older DC are 15,14, 11 and 9. The younger two are at clubs but the older two are home. Shall I get them to help with toddler and do dinner etc or shall I phone toddlers dad to come and get her. It’s a recent split and I hate to have to ask him anything.

Heratnumber7 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:18:19

That's something only you can decide. How do the older kids feel about looking after younger one?

Hope you're up and about soon thanks

RB68 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:19:56

I would phone Dad to come and get her myself - give her some one on one time and you a break. Get older kids to do tea while you supervise.

flitwit99 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:24:56

If your older ones don't mind I would ask them. Because I wouldn't want to ask ex.

But the sensible thing to do would probably be to let ex take her so you can get a proper rest.

Sharpandshineyteeth Tue 12-Mar-19 17:27:32

He already had her Sunday and Monday night whilst I was in hospital. I think her being away from me will unsettle her more.

Handsfull13 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:41:24

If your kids are happy to help and will actually be helpful then I'd just ask them.
Try to rest, so put on things you can watch with your toddler and try to just cuddle and keep her close. Or play something where you can just sit and not have to keep getting up and down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »