Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone has ever applied for a non molestation order?

(11 Posts)
mimiBcool Tue 12-Mar-19 16:03:49

I'm looking at applying for one against my EA xDP.

Can anyone tell me if they were successful? What the reason was for applying? If it made things worse?

I'm very anxious...

mimiBcool Tue 12-Mar-19 17:08:06

Bump..

moomin4071 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:11:39

Hi, I did. I wasn't with the man at the time but he was a previous partner. It was successful, and he breached the non-mol and was prosecuted for it.
He was invited to the "court" (just a small room with your solicitor and Judge) to argue his case but he didn't turn up which made it much easier.
I hope you get what you need OP

mimiBcool Tue 12-Mar-19 17:25:07

@moomin4071 thank you. Do you mind me asking the reason you sought the order and what evidence you needed to supply? I understand if you'd rather not discuss it.

Imustbemad00 Tue 12-Mar-19 18:42:25

I had one for a year. My ex wouldn’t leave me alone. We had a child. He was intimidating me and harassing me. I had to go to the court, can’t remember the order things went in. It took a while because for it to be effective he needed to be served papers and they couldn’t find him.
He breached the order several times. Police could never find him. But I’m the long run it worked, because he knew I meant business and would call the police each and every tome he came near me. The stress of being wanted by the police was a nightmare for him. So I’m the end it worked. I think they might of caught him once and he talked his way out of it.

The police actually rang me 3 years after the order expired saying there’s still a warrant out for his arrest for breach of the order and did I still wish to pursue it. I said no.

All in all, I’m glad I did it but I did worry for a while about social services ect but I never had them contact me.

moomin4071 Wed 13-Mar-19 07:19:15

Basically he pushed his way into my home and attacked me but the police didn't do anything about the incident as I fought back.
I got the non-mol based on this incident and some harassment by phone and text.
The non-mol order was issued rather quickly, think I got an eme emergency one first and then went to court a week later for the proper one. He had to be served papers and given notice beforehand. He didn't turn up.

I hope it goes well for you, no one should feel violated in their own home

Birdsgottafly Wed 13-Mar-19 07:28:02

My DD just got one. He didn't turn up for Court.

There had been physical stuff, but that is still to be heard in Court, because via the local DV Services, the Police are now pursuing criminal charges. Before that they hadn't followed procedure and had just ignored my DD reporting it.

So the non mol is based on threatening texts and phone calls. These included threats to kidnap their children.

It's made him take things seriously.

It took two Court hearings, my DD got legal aid.

Her ex wouldn't answer his phone etc, so he couldn't be served. The Police helped out by calling him into the station.

The male server told my DD that he wouldn't give up, he hates the perpetrators of DV. He followed him from the Police Station. Not exactly protocol, but until they are served, they can't be arrested for breaking the conditions.

They can still be arrested for their behaviour, of course.

Birdsgottafly Wed 13-Mar-19 07:30:28

Just to add that my DD was a ball of anxiety. But two months on, it's been a help to have the non mol. They are back in court over the children this Month amd because of the order, they will have separate waiting rooms and his family can't act as flying monkeys.

The order sets out, that he can't contact her via third parties.

YouSayPotatoesISayVodka Wed 13-Mar-19 07:38:51

I did. I left my ex and moved with my kids to refuge. The order was 12 months although I think they can be for differing lengths of time.

The one I had against ex was effective. He stayed away from us and has toed the line for the most part. I think it showed him I couldn’t be pushed around anymore- I’d got assistance and help and his threats I’d lose my kids and he’d shame me by putting compromising things online about me, wouldn’t work on me anymore.

Good luck with yours OP. I hope it’s effective.

Popsicle434544 Wed 13-Mar-19 14:20:30

I did with my ex, was easy, had it within 48 hours , he breached it 3 times and ended up doing 2 months in prison

Heatherjayne1972 Wed 13-Mar-19 14:31:39

I did due to violence from the ex
He broke it and it went to court.
He was jailed

But it was easy to get. He didn’t know at first
My solicitor said it gives the police more power to deal with an abusive person

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »