Talk

Advanced search

That I gave all this advice??

(3 Posts)
Strawberrypancakes Mon 11-Mar-19 23:30:26

It’s not a big deal.. but I am a bit annoyed and I think it’s rude. Maybe I’m wrong.

I’ve been on holiday to a pretty rare destination a couple of times because of work.. I’ve posted this on social media probably a dozen or so times across a few years.

An old friend from uni sent me a message asking ‘how are you! Love to meet up! Etc!’ Then asked me if I had any advice and recommendations on the place with quite specific detail.

I sent back a really long post that took me some time (because I love the place!) and every thing they asked, I answered. Totally detailed, who to ask for, where to avoid etc.

But I was really excited about the meeting up. (Obviously naively) But we have kids the same age anf saw they were local and I thought it might be a good thing,

They got back in touch with 20 more questions and wanted several contacts for different places, I gave them.

Then nothing. I feel a bit hurt. I’m probably being unreasonable, but I really didn’t think a person would randomly select a old friend via Facebook just for travel tips confused

Strawberrypancakes Mon 11-Mar-19 23:31:41

Reading that back.. I want to shake myself 😂

RonniePasas Mon 11-Mar-19 23:46:01

Suggest you have a look at Adam Grant "Givers, takers, matchers". It's better to be a giver

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »