Talk

Advanced search

Fainting and morning sickness early pregnancy

(12 Posts)
Nataliei Mon 11-Mar-19 22:22:50

Hello smile

I am 7 weeks pregnant today and I’ve have really strong morning sickness that lasts all day and night. I woke up feeling sick as usual today and thought I’d take a short walk to get some fresh air. I became really hot and dizzy and ended up nearly full on passing out. I had to sit down on the floor In the street as my vision became so blurry and my skin started burning up. My legs just went to jelly and I couldn’t walk another step. Also I started to get bad tummy cramps (like food poisoning - not like period pain) and then I had awful diarrhoea (I ran into the local coffee shop). I managed to get myself home by a cab, and I slept all day and still feel a little weak and light headed. I’m Still feeling bad now and I wondered if this could be a bad sign for my pregnancy? Has anyone got any advice? I can’t figure out if I’ve just eaten something a bit bad or if It’s a bit more serious!

Any helpful advice would be so appreciated smile

mumm321 Mon 11-Mar-19 22:33:31

I would maybe ring triage or a&e, could be preeclampsia??

LaurieMarlow Mon 11-Mar-19 22:40:19

Blurry vision and feeling faint sounds like low blood pressure to me. I had a bit of this in both pregnancies early on.

If it is that, nothing to worry about, just make sure you’re getting enough to eat and drink.

Even if all you can eat is total crap, like me.

Bigonesmallone3 Mon 11-Mar-19 22:44:07

You need ur blood pressure and iron levels checked..

U don't need to panic.. it is very unlikely to be pre-eclampsia at only 7 weeks

BringOnTheScience Mon 11-Mar-19 22:54:39

Not pre-eclampsia!

"They" say that having bad 'morning' [ha!] sickness is a good sign because you've got lots of pregnancy hormones circulating.

Lots of posyers will offer sickness remedies. Lots will suggest getting hyperemisis checked out.

Fiveredbricks Mon 11-Mar-19 23:00:10

@BringOnTheScience constant and severe morning sickness is basically a symptom of temporary pregnancy induced liver disease 🤨

It is nothing to do with being a good sign or any other old wives bollocks.

It just is what it is and it does need to be monitored.

Fiveredbricks Mon 11-Mar-19 23:01:54

Oh and OP I'd call the MAU and see if you can request a dating/viability scan (just what they're called) to check the embryo is in your uterus and not your tubes. Rapid onset trots can be a sign of ectopic so best to get it checked just to be on the safe side.

bridgetreilly Mon 11-Mar-19 23:04:07

Could be twins? But definitely get checked.

BeanTownNancy Mon 11-Mar-19 23:05:36

Are you keeping fluids down? All of those symptoms could be simply explained by dehydration if you're vomiting a lot and not staying properly hydrated. Dehydration can cause low blood pressure like a pp mentioned.

This is not to say don't get medical help if you feel you need it, but make sure you keep sipping water as much as possible - you need far more than you realise in early pregnancy and it will make you feel so much better quite quickly if that is your issue.

But also look into the other causes, like PPs mentioned - call your GP in the morning if you're not feeling good, it's always best to get checked out at this stage.

Samind Mon 11-Mar-19 23:10:40

I had the really bad cramps for a few nights in a row followed by loose bowels. I took it to be seed getting itself settled in. They were sore enough though lol

Nataliei Mon 11-Mar-19 23:12:43

Thank you so much guys for your experiences and help, my mum thinks it could be to do with blood pressure as she had low pressure during her pregnancies. I did eat some of that Philadelphia cheese spread for breakfast (I’ve been getting weird cravings for food I never usually eat... and I have IBS so dairy is a no no for me) but I felt so sick I just fancied eating it, so I wonder if that’s why I got such a bad stomach. I’m worried because it still feels bad now and I do still feel pretty snakey and weak. I’ll be getting my blood pressure checked tomorrow hopefully 😀

Thank you so much everyone xxx

Nataliei Mon 11-Mar-19 23:14:21

*shakey.... not snakey lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »