Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to donate money to Comic Relief but NOT buy more plastic tat? Just paint your nose red!

(9 Posts)
stayingaliveisawayoflife Mon 11-Mar-19 21:32:02

We sent out a message about this today. Most parents were ok but we did have complaints about stopping children from wearing them. We weren't just asking them to consider face paints which we will provide and then all the money they donate goes straight to comic relief!

VladmirsPoutine Mon 11-Mar-19 21:31:55

Yanbu. Not sure why this is only being highlighted in 2019!

RomanyQueen1 Mon 11-Mar-19 21:28:49

I've never donated, not even sent kids to school with money. I do give to a local charity though. i know where the money goes, and there are no slebs to pay.

Pinkblanket Mon 11-Mar-19 21:28:03

Ours don't get binned. The children still play with them!

AutumnCrow Mon 11-Mar-19 21:26:42

There's too much crap attached to Comic Relief now in all sorts of ways. Agreed with family we'd give our donations to local food bank and directly to a project working with provision of girl's toilets in the Asian sub-continent.

Claw001 Mon 11-Mar-19 21:25:02

Good idea

MeowthThatsRight Mon 11-Mar-19 21:24:40

Someone shared a similar post to my dc’s school. I can’t believe it’s not been done earlier, it’s such a waste of resources. They never wear the red noses at school either and it’s a complete waste. At least with CIN the kids can wear the t shirts again l, even if they do buy the branded ones rather than just sticking spots on something.

Crackerjackerknacker Mon 11-Mar-19 21:23:20

away after not away away!

Crackerjackerknacker Mon 11-Mar-19 21:22:25

www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/school-refuses-wear-plastic-red-2629020

This school in Bristol has done what we should have done years ago. Kids just going to paint their noses red for Comic Relief instead of the wasteful plastic ones that get thrown away away one day every year. Lots of parents at our school are going to do the same this year. Of the £1.25 price, CR say a 'minimum of 65p goes to Comic Relief'. Surely much better to donate 100% your £1.25 to CR and paint your nose with kids paint or lipstick to avoid plastic waste? (I know that this years noses are already manufactured but if the amount of poeple buying them drops this year, they'll make less next year or even stop doing them).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »