Talk

Advanced search

Baby's wee sample - aibu to be worried?

(5 Posts)
Jaynesworld Mon 11-Mar-19 20:26:14

Its ok to be worried, but if there was anything wrong then it would have showed on the dip stick. Dd has a kidney problem and has recurrent utis so we have had plenty of trips to the drs for infections.

UnicornRainbowsRain Mon 11-Mar-19 19:39:53

If it was something important for a baby they would have had you in immediately. Happened last year with my child and the whole staff were at aware of who the child was, that a new sample was coming and it was dealt with immediately. Thankfully it was just keytones from vomiting then sleeping and had sorted itself out in the meantime.

MumOfOne92 Mon 11-Mar-19 19:33:14

@Jaynesworld I know just a bit on edge as to why they want to speak to me about them, what on earth could it be!?

Jaynesworld Mon 11-Mar-19 19:27:49

It is probably nothing if they havent prescribed you anything. If there was an infection you would have been prescribed some antibiotics, I cant see a dr waiting days to prescribe for an unwell baby x

MumOfOne92 Mon 11-Mar-19 19:07:31

Doctors surgery receptionist rang be up this evening to book a telephone appointment to discuss water sample results as I thought she may have a water infection. The dip stick test showed nothing but they sent it off to the lab and it's obviously come back with something.

The girl on the phone said 'nothing urgent or to worry about' but I hate tjst phrase and don't even know why they say it!

Baby is 6 months old and is fine in herself but can't help but sit here itching whilst I wait till Thursday wandering what it could be when surely if it was an actual infection they would have called me a bit quicker!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »