Talk

Advanced search

Yet another petty thread.

(71 Posts)
Lalapaluzza Mon 11-Mar-19 19:00:16

DP and I had a row so before I left the house I stripped the sheets off the bed so he would have to make it before he could get into it and then I drove through a toll I didn't have to to add it to his account.

So lay it on me guys. Once again let's talk about the latest petty things you've done.

I also welcome criticism of my relationship and commentary on how I couldn't possibly love DP as I treated him so terribly.

Holidaycountdown Thu 14-Mar-19 02:28:00

@MrsBobBlackadder Genius....his fishing bags will be next if I run out of space before I get caught!

MrsBobBlackadder Tue 12-Mar-19 21:27:06

@Holidaycountdown I've been putting the 'forgotten' toilet roll inserts in the side pockets of DH's work bag... it amuses me greatly that he's been carrying them to and from work everyday without noticing wink

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 12-Mar-19 10:52:08

Not a DP but an irritating work colleague. We used the same pool car and I used to replace the radio stations that he saved with ones that he hated. I didn't even listen to the radio myself, I used to listen to podcasts on my phone.

I also 'forgot' to fill it up with petrol after I'd used it. I never left it empty, but we were supposed to top it up, if it was less than half full, but he was a bit of a martyr and would go to the petrol station even if he had used hardly any, whereas I'm more a 'fill it up when it actually needs filling up' sort of person, so because I knew it annoyed him if it was 5/8 full when he used the car, I used to leave it like that.

LordNibbler Tue 12-Mar-19 10:43:47

@mrsmuddlepies and yet I don't see anyone here doing those things.
Why do you read a thread you obviously find painful and don't enjoy?

Sicario Tue 12-Mar-19 09:33:59

A friend of mine used to rub her DH's toothbrush on the carpet then put it back. They had a really stinky dog.

icelollycraving Tue 12-Mar-19 08:12:35

I had just unloaded the dishwasher. He put his cup on the worktop. I shouted out that he can put it straight in the dishwasher. He didn’t ,so I took a picture of the cup and edited it to say supertwat on the cup instead of superdad and just WhatsApped it to him.

EnglishRose13 Tue 12-Mar-19 07:04:55

I purposely load the dishwasher incorrectly.

If he asked me to pass him something, I move it further away.

I dunk my biscuits in his tea!

GoFiguire Tue 12-Mar-19 06:48:13

I see the Fun police are out.

Holidaycountdown Tue 12-Mar-19 00:14:45

I am slowly filling his bedside drawers with all the empty loo roll holders he leaves on or next to the bathroom bin...up to about 8 now...he is yet to notice 😂

SomethingOnce Mon 11-Mar-19 23:17:27

Will the movie be premiering on the thread, Elizabeth? It’ll be like Cannes, just without the glamour.

DancesTheSummer Mon 11-Mar-19 23:13:38

I fell out with my brother last week, we don't live together. But I told his Alexa to wake him up at 2.30am in the morning.

I did get a text with a barrage of abuse about it. So I did it again next time I went round (he lives with my mum so I'm there a couple of times a week).

grin

IDrinkAndISewThings Mon 11-Mar-19 23:04:40

Shamelessly placemarking for inspiration in times requiring vengeance!

LordPickle Mon 11-Mar-19 23:04:28

@ElizabethMountbatten You are my hero grin

IthinkIsawahairbrushbackthere Mon 11-Mar-19 22:55:31

If my husband and I are both making breakfast at the same time I wait until he goes to the fridge to get the milk and hide his bowl of cereal before he turns back. And I lie straight faced and tell him that he hasn't started making his cereal and even, if I'm feeling nice, pass him a clean bowl.

mrsmuddlepies Mon 11-Mar-19 22:48:44

Really, Lord Nibbler? Would you think it a real laugh if someone tricked you into thinking you had a terminal illness? Or played abusive games on you?
I save these threads to remind myself how very nasty some posters can be. I forwarded the Alzheimer's gas lighting gag to the Alzheimer's Society.
These gags always seem malicious and spiteful to me.

k1233 Mon 11-Mar-19 22:43:32

One partner I lived with was incapable of putting his dirty clothes into the open laundry basket. They were always on the floor around the basket. All he needed to do was move his hand an inch so they went in the basket. Despite being asked numerous times he didn't change. So I started only washing what was actually in the basket. That was effective grin With this guy, he was lazy around the house. So much so that I did absolutely nothing - no dishes, cleaning etc - for an extended period to make the point that if I didn't do it, nothing got done. Worked well once there were no plates and cups to use.

As a reverse, I HATE vacuuming. Despise it. These days I refuse to do all the housework, so with this particular partner we'd do housework on a Saturday morning. Well, he complained about my lackluster vacuuming, not doing behind doors etc I'm not one to miss an opportunity, so another couple of weeks of dodgy vacuum skills and I wasn't allowed to vacuum any more. Win!!

Actually with that guy we had the best arrangements. One person would shop, cook, clean kitchen one week while the other looked after pets, then we'd swap. It was so good not to have to cook for a week. Other chores were shared evenly on the weekends - even though I got out of the vacuuming I did something else.

LordNibbler Mon 11-Mar-19 22:41:31

Jesus, some people need to take a chill pill.

Siameasy Mon 11-Mar-19 22:38:29

NB He hadn’t actually done anything to annoy me or motivate me into not sharing just didn’t feel like it

mrsmuddlepies Mon 11-Mar-19 22:32:04

These are probably the same posters who howl with laughter when they manage to gaslight a MIL into thinking they have Alzheimer's. Or the poster who thought it was a hoot to drive next door's dog 50 miles down the motorway before abandoning it.

Siameasy Mon 11-Mar-19 22:30:22

I was making sausage casserole last night for today lunch and tomor (at home with DC)
“I’d like some of that to take to work tomor”
Me - ffs
I purposely added extra cayenne and olives which he hates
I then declared it too hot for him and oh there’s so many olives you won’t like it.
Wouldn’t be put off and later declared it not hot and now eats olives
Ffs
I’m not normally passive aggressive but he will go a whole day eating nothing so I felt obliged

Triglesoffy Mon 11-Mar-19 22:27:28

biscuit

Triglesoffy Mon 11-Mar-19 22:26:18

I put itching powder in his boxers.

Sickofthemoaning Mon 11-Mar-19 22:25:04

This is a hilarious thread, all this bullying controlling gaslighting behaviour. You should all be proud of yourselves!!!! How about treating yourselves and your partners with respect?

Osirus Mon 11-Mar-19 22:24:45

I hated my lodger so fed the last of the milk to the cat so she didn’t have any for her cereal. Don’t worry, my cat was one of the few who had the ability to digest milk and it helped her live for longer as she had food issues! The cat’s bowl was overflowing.

I cringe at it now.

AsparagusSoup Mon 11-Mar-19 22:22:23

ElizabethMountbatten 😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »