Talk

Advanced search

...to want to punch the lights out of the sanctamonious cow who said "Can't you read" to me when I accidently drove against the arrows in Tesco's car park?

(111 Posts)
akaJamiesMum Mon 09-Jul-07 10:57:26

Sanctamonious cow. Wanted to shout back (but wasn't quick enough) "Sorry dearie I made a mistake - like the one your mother made when she had you"

or would that have been too OTT? Grrrrr!

I get irritated when people drive against the arrows and so wouldn't do this deliberately - it was an honest mistake. However, I never feel the need to shout at other drivers.

Would bet my life that this stupid bitch has done the same at times. Oh am sooooo angry and annoyed.

Forgive bad language but am sooo cross.

EnidJane Mon 09-Jul-07 10:58:31

sounds liek something I would say

although agree we have all done it

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 09-Jul-07 10:59:41

Punching her won't solve anything.
I think you should pray for her.

Nbg Mon 09-Jul-07 11:00:09

<snort>

Get it out your system love.

akaJamiesMum Mon 09-Jul-07 11:00:35

Yeah - wouldn't have punched her - am deffo not the physically violent type - oh but thinking about it pleased me. Maybe it's my soul which should be prayed for.

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 09-Jul-07 11:03:05

I think you would be feeling worse if you had replied, I have felt very ashamed everytime I have done, looking around to see if somebody saw me acting as badly as the other person

DrNortherner Mon 09-Jul-07 11:03:44

That's a great comeback!! But a slight over reaction I feel.

amen Mon 09-Jul-07 13:09:46

i would have done exactly the same as her.people who don't obey thr rules of the road absolutely infuriate me. the thought that it could be an honest mistake would never cross my mind, i'd instantly assume you were doing to skip a line for the exit or grab a parking space.

FioFioJane Mon 09-Jul-07 13:11:29

do you know I have stopped going to tesco because the last 3 consecutive occassions I went there I got invloved in a rucus on the car park. The first two times it was over disabled parking spaces and the third time, someone nearly drove into MY car and pipped their horn and screamed at me

I just cant be arsed anymore. Its a reflection of the people who shop there.

I go to lidl or sainsburys now

handlemecarefully Mon 09-Jul-07 13:18:15

I drive against the arrows in car parks sometimes quite knowingly (just to irritate people who like to get steamed up about the slightest little thing)...but I tend to have a quick ganders first to see if anything is coming the other way, and would only do so for a short distance (thus a calculated risk of not impedeing traffic flow)

TinyGang Mon 09-Jul-07 13:20:56

Lol HMC. There's potential for a whole new thread there: 'What little things do you do just for the thrill of it?'

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 09-Jul-07 13:24:29

Ah, fio - im glad im not the only one thats happened to. I was merrily parking one day, and the guy behind wasnt looking at my indicators. He wanted to go around me to exit the car park, and reversed without looking and hit the car behind him.

He got out, ran over to my window (which i kept up...) and hurled abuse at me

I just ignored him. Woman on her own with two small children vs idiotic man who was clearly deranged with mis-placed anger.......I'm not stupid

contentiouscat Mon 09-Jul-07 13:27:27

Oh I do this for the hell of it sometimes when its quiet - just to prove im not too mumsy and theres still a bit of rebelliousness left in me

sweetkitty Mon 09-Jul-07 13:28:30

What got me today?

Arrived at swingpark with the DDs and park away from all the people who think they must park as close to the park as possible because walking 25 yards is too much. Anyway comes back to the car and theres this woman parked next to me very badly so very close to my car (now I'm rubbish at parking I admit it) there's loads of spaces around so why is she parked very close to me. So she's sitting in the car and I put DD1 in first then try to get DD2 in which is difficult as I can't open the door or I will bang her car. Then I get the pram in and try to reverse out which is hard enough for me cars at a angle and I am the pits at reversing but she stands there scowling at me as if I'm going to hit her car. FFS why did you park so badly next to me then you idiot! I should of made a big thing about parking DD2 in the buggy and reversing the car out then saying there you go honey now we can get you in the car very loudly.

Why do people insist on parking next to you really badly!!??? OK rant over

allgonebellyup Mon 09-Jul-07 13:29:18

Lidl? are you seriously telling me you would find a classier shopper there??

JeremyVile Mon 09-Jul-07 13:30:46

So she is a 'sanctimonious cow' and a 'stupid bitch' for getting irked that you drove in the wrong direction?

And you think she over reacted?

YABU.

Kewcumber Mon 09-Jul-07 13:34:17

drove through a narrowish opening between two parked cars yesterday behind a couple of other cars to discover that someone was waiting to go in the opposite direction. As I came through she yelled out of her window "THANK YOU SO MUCH" and screeched off obviously in a huff. It wasn't obvious she was waiting (looked like she was just another parked car).

Wasted her time shouting at me as I just found it amusing in the circumstances... hope she felt better though. (she was driving 4x4)

DominiConnor Mon 09-Jul-07 13:44:44

Message withdrawn

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 09-Jul-07 13:47:07

DC, can't you tell the difference between pointing it out and saying 'Can't you read?'

DominiConnor Mon 09-Jul-07 13:47:17

Message withdrawn

lisad123 Mon 09-Jul-07 13:49:26

It drives me crasy when people drive the wrong way down the car park as your trying to get out and they nearly hit your car coming the wrong way. I admit I have told driver they are going the wrong way, but never swear. But then Im the sort that give evil eyes to drivers that park in parent and child with no children!!

Freckle Mon 09-Jul-07 13:49:29

The point is that the arrows are there for everyone's safety. If you make such a mistake in a car park, are you likely to make the same sort of mistake on the road?

I think the other woman was remarkably restrained tbh.

handlemecarefully Mon 09-Jul-07 13:49:57

lol at DominiOConner trying to get a rise out of me!

TootyFrooty Mon 09-Jul-07 13:50:35

<fills kettle and pulls up comfy chair>

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 09-Jul-07 13:53:49

Ok... so... Domini... where you the woman who yelled at JamiesMum?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now