Talk

Advanced search

To tell you I’m really happy?

(12 Posts)
Merryoldgoat Sun 10-Mar-19 20:18:55

Some of you may remember a few of my threads, but I have a 1yo now and I’ve been suffers from PND, which I always described as quite mild.

I finally accept Sertraline 5 weeks ago.

I now know it wasn’t ‘mild’, I was NOT in a good place. But now I feel like the old me again. I don’t feel flat, or manic, just ‘normal’. I’ve been able to properly enjoy my baby for the first time in a year, everyone has noticed the change. I’ve started CBT and I’m getting some really good stuff implemented at work.

I discovered Mumsnet during my pregnancy and it’s been unwavering support for me for the last 18 months.

So thank you everyone - you got me to the doctor, helped me realise I’m not alone and I’m feeling really happy for the first time in ages.

flowers for all of you.

chuttypicks Sun 10-Mar-19 20:28:51

I'm really happy for you! Well done for seeking treatment. I bet you're absolutely chuffed that it's worked, and you definitely deserve to tell everyone how happy you are. Congratulations and I hope you can really enjoy your LO and life in general now. smilesmilesmile

IHeartMarmiteToast Sun 10-Mar-19 20:31:52

That's amazing news. I too had pnd but still take citalopram . Game changer . I know that people kind of look down on drugs for depression but they're really effective

marvellousnightforamooncup Sun 10-Mar-19 20:33:45

What a lovely story. I'm so happy for you. Long may it continue.

BitOfFun Sun 10-Mar-19 20:34:47

Fabulous! It's so nice to hear a positive story.

Duckduckduck123 Sun 10-Mar-19 20:36:47

flowers

Merryoldgoat Sun 10-Mar-19 20:39:13

Thank you! I really avoided the drugs for ages but at my visit to the (absolutely excellent and supportive) doctor 5 weeks ago, she made me accept I needed try meds and it’s been truly phenomenal.

Work offer subsidised CBT too, which has been great as the NHS provision wasn’t available very quickly where I live.

gherkinpickle Sun 10-Mar-19 21:20:15

This is lovely to read.
It's so worth considering medication for this reason!

Glad you're enjoying your beautiful little one thanks

Bobbiepin Sun 10-Mar-19 21:21:50

I started meds 2 weeks ago and it's been so tough but I'm so pleased to read they've been helpful for you. Onwards and upwards.

Sparklesocks Sun 10-Mar-19 21:22:01

So nice to hear, you’re doing great flowers

brizzlemint Sun 10-Mar-19 21:30:57

Excellent news :-) Well done you flowers

Merryoldgoat Sun 10-Mar-19 21:57:25

Thank you ❤️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »