Talk

Advanced search

To find bedtime stressful?

(5 Posts)
Namechangemum100 Sun 10-Mar-19 20:13:50

So I have a just 2 year old, and an 11 month old. Usually dh and I tackle bedtime and the evenings together however tonight is a rare night that I am flying solo. All fine, organised things so that I could get them both in bed at the same time, however once they are asleep I find the evenings so stressful. My children both have a tendency to randomly cry throughout the evening (just mine?), And every time they do my anxiety goes through the roof, I panic they won't go back to sleep (even though statistically speaking they do), and just find it very overwhelming.

Is it just me? IV been at this for 2 years now and you would think it would have gotten easier, yet I am still so on edge. Why?!

crazycatlady5 Sun 10-Mar-19 20:15:14

Quite normal for children to wake at random intervals in the night and need reassurance to go back to sleep. Doesn’t need to be an anxiety provoking incident. Just help them go back to sleep and go about the rest of your evening.

Singlenotsingle Sun 10-Mar-19 20:17:50

You've got your hands full with 2 dc just a year apart. Nature programs us to respond to that crying noise; like when the boobs leak milk when you hear it. It'll get better, maybe not tomorrow, but it will.

crazycatlady5 Sun 10-Mar-19 20:27:17

Sorry, my post seemed really unkind, didn’t mean for it to! Currently trying to get my 2 year old to sleep. Hard work kids!

DrWhy Sun 10-Mar-19 20:34:24

I love my children dearly but I do not love doing solo bedtime with them. DS is 2.5, gets overhyped and runs about like a loon being uncooperative and DD is 4 months and still wants to cluster feed. Like yours the 2 year old still wakes up randomly. I have to say I find the getting him to sleep the first time is the most stressful bit for me. I can’t imagine many people enjoy doing bedtime for two toddlers on their own - aside from maybe the cuddly story time bit!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »