Talk

Advanced search

To ask about sleepwalking stories?

(31 Posts)
Mummyto2munchkins Sun 10-Mar-19 19:07:09

My friends partner slept walked the other night... Cut up 10 apples into slices fed them to the dog and thrown them in the living room! Also poured blackcurrant juice into the dogs water bowls..

What sleep walking stories do you have?

Rarfy Sun 10-Mar-19 19:09:10

I sleepwalked naked into my mam and dads bedroom and tried to get something out of the topbox of their wardrobe. In my 20s. My dad probably hadnt seen me naked since i was about 2 or 3. Horrendous!

I also have full blown conversations in my sleep and follow the conversation.

HarrysOwl Sun 10-Mar-19 19:11:05

My DH can seem perfectly awake in the middle of the night and will chat to me about the most random stuff. He has no memory of it whatsoever!

I never try and get him 'out' of it, I reply and suggest he lays down (he goes bolt upright) and he slows down with the chatter and goes back to normal sleep!

onanothertrain Sun 10-Mar-19 19:14:22

Got shut in a wardrobe, scrubbed and peeled some potatoes and tried to get out a hotel room while naked. Obviously not all in the same night.

Camomila Sun 10-Mar-19 19:19:47

DS has sleep tantrums sometimes if he's poorly. He wakes up but not really and has a massive half asleep tantrum.
He jumps out of bed and runs around crying for a bit sad
I hope he grows out of it soon.

Greenandcabbagelooking Sun 10-Mar-19 19:21:41

I remade my bed in the bath of my shared flat. My housemate woke me by turning the shower on as she didn’t know I was there. Thankfully she’d only got as far as taking her dressing gown off!

MyBreadIsEggy Sun 10-Mar-19 19:22:41

I’ve done it once in my entire life.
I must have been about 4 or 5. My mum tells me I walked down the stairs, stood in front of the television, stared at my parents, told them what I wanted for breakfast, walked backwards out of the room and mum followed me slowly back to my bed!

I have no recollection of it at all!
My Dsis was a frequent sleepwalker as a child. She used to unlock doors and everything, so mum and dad had to start hiding keys!

kabanner Sun 10-Mar-19 19:25:23

I have done the bed in the bath thing a couple of times and also woken up in my spare bedroom.

Jezzifishie Sun 10-Mar-19 19:55:40

Oh, you name it - I've done it! I am terrible for sleepwalking and talking, I also have night terrors. I've woken my husband up screaming about spiders. I've walked naked into my parents' room (as an adult). I punched a wall in my sleep and made my knuckles bleed. My scariest one was at uni - I was naked (you think I'd learn and wear pyjamas, but noooooo) and I woke up outside in the snow. The weird thing was, you had to type a code in to both enter and leave my halls, so I had merrily put the code in while asleep and woken up outside because I was cold.

Poing Sun 10-Mar-19 20:15:43

As a teenager, and clothed in a shirt and undies, I unlocked the door and slept-walked out of our house, down the street, crossed a main 4-lane road and continued about half a km down the road to a mcdonalds (closed, so must have then crossed the road and went back home into bed. I did have a history of worrying sleepwalking (rocking over railings) but that was the farthest I went. I seem to have out-grown it as an adult.

CurcubitaPepo Sun 10-Mar-19 20:18:52

I once woke up pouring cornflakes into a bowl in the kitchen as a child.

CurcubitaPepo Sun 10-Mar-19 20:21:13

Hubby had a mate at uni who was a terrible sleepwalker. The worst one we heard about was when he walked downstairs out of his flat and into the street in his undies. At some stage (still asleep) he went back into the building and tried to get into the wrong flat.

Sparklybanana Sun 10-Mar-19 20:25:04

You’re all lucky. Dd is a sleep wee’er. Yup. She’ll get out of bed, go to a random place (corner of the room, swim bag, table), and then pull down her pants, but not enough, and go for a wee. only caught her once before it was too late but the other times.....
No recollection of it in the morning, even if she has to change pjs.

Guess I should be thankful it’s not sleep pooing!

Tote Sun 10-Mar-19 20:25:07

Balanced on the edge of the bed and unhooked and took down both curtains!

No reason - it wasn't something that needed doing!

girlsyearapart Sun 10-Mar-19 20:30:32

Put on a cd at a friends house selected a song and turned it on
Got all my clothes on and got in the bath ( no water )
Walked out of a hotel room wearing only a t shirt and started walking toward the emergency exit until Dh shouted at me from the hotel room and managed to get me back
Loads of wandering round the house
Lots of conversations..
I’m not fun to bed share with ! confused

DrMadelineMaxwell Sun 10-Mar-19 20:33:43

DD is a sleep talker and a sleep walker.

She would arrive downstairs in the living room as a tot, looking blearily around, but not actually awake and I'd have to lead her back to bed.

Just recently, we shared a room on holiday together. She farted in her sleep and she leapt out of bed in reaction, then stood there facing the wall for a few minutes until I told her (through tears of laughter) to get back into bed.

She never has any recollection of her sleep walking.

enjoyingscience Sun 10-Mar-19 20:37:17

@sparklybanana - I’ve got one of them. DS2 got to the top of the stairs and calmly pissed down the whole lot, then took himself back to bed. Totally asleep. He’s always been a bit of a wanderer, but that was a particularly special moment.

Cherrysoup Sun 10-Mar-19 20:45:56

In halls at uni, there was a big rugby playing bloke. All the girls liked him, he was good looking, nice character, built. One night, he slept walked naked through multiple doors, all of which could be opened to exit but to get back in, you needed a card. So next morning, there he was, curled up in the hallway, butt naked, totally un-embarrassed. I think it took us a few minutes to find a card to let him back in. 😝

2birds1stone Sun 10-Mar-19 20:47:44

Dh suffers from night terrors.... They used to frighten me but now I treat him like a child.

One worrying time he had major surgery on his leg, he jumped up out of bed but had the sense not to use his bad leg.

He also tells me that when away with friends he dropped a aluminium framed window away from the wall as he thought the place was on fire.

I sleep talk alot, when little on holiday camping all the tents bar ours and someone with a dog was broken into. They think I was either sleep talking, walking or snoring like a dog 😂

Momo18 Sun 10-Mar-19 20:51:32

My six year old does this. Last week he went to toilet and luckily I was awake and herd him switch the shower on. He decided to get a shower after as he didn't unzip his onesie when he went to toilet. I am a bit worried tbh and really hope he grows out of it.

ADHMeeee Sun 10-Mar-19 23:24:08

When I was hardcore dieting at about 20, I would sometimes wake up in the morning for work and wonder why there was a plate in my beds, and evidence of food on my sheets etc

I sleep walk to the fridge if I don't eat enough

As a small kid, my little bro peed into his old briefcase of my dad's. I have a feeling he did something else too

I have been known to talk in my sleep. The less said about that, the better

ReallyReallyNo Sun 10-Mar-19 23:28:01

My brother used to do this as a child, he once walked in to our living room threw a shoe at our DM and said “happy birthday” turned around and went back to bed! We still laugh about it now 😂

Kolo Sun 10-Mar-19 23:53:04

I’d convinced myself I had started sleepwalking recently, since finding random objects put on my bedside table during the night. Then I caught my DS 10 sleepwalking. He’s been bringing me random objects from his room. Bit freaked out that it never woke me.

IndieTara Mon 11-Mar-19 00:33:15

I once sleepwalked out the front door of a B and B and wandered off down the street in my pyjamas

hazell42 Mon 11-Mar-19 06:09:03

Lots of mostly silly stuff, like taking all the milk out of the fridge and lining it up on the counter.
Absolute worst was a few months after having baby. I went into son's room and saw him in cot. But when I looked in the other cot it was empty
Rushed down stairs to call police and report other child missing. But kind if came to with hand on phone and forced myself to sit down and think about it before dialling 999. After a while I was almost sure I didnt have another baby. Woke up feeling sick at bottom of stairs.
My only baby was still asleep in his cot

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »