Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay in the Cotswold for 50th Birthday treat.

(30 Posts)
Whatjusthappenedthere Sun 10-Mar-19 17:59:27

We don’t know the area but are stopping for two nights on our way south in the camper van.
We want a traditional inn / hotel to stay in for DH’s actual birthday but there are so many on line I’m getting brain fog.
So do any of you lovely people have recent first hand knowledge of a lovely old world type place that’s not intimidating ( camper van stored clothing but obviously we will pack something semi smart ) or pretentious but where DH will be feel like he’s getting a bit of special treatment.
Budget upto 500 pounds for 2 nights.
Help!

Littlewhitedove Mon 11-Mar-19 17:34:45

We had a lovely stay at Wyke Hill House...lovely grounds for walking.

bellsbuss Mon 11-Mar-19 17:39:58

Another vote for the Lygon arms, going back soon and I'm so excited. It's one of the loveliest hotels I've ever stayed in and the location is amazing.

user1471430558 Mon 11-Mar-19 18:16:28

The Ebrigton Arms was lovely with good food and fairly relaxed dress. Close to Stratford upon Avon & also Broadway , Chipping Camden.

AliceAforethought Mon 11-Mar-19 18:48:37

MIL used to live in Chipping Campden. It’s a lovely place, as is Broadway, Stow on the Wold, Bourton on the water, Stanton...
I miss this area so much.
If you do stay around that area, visit Snowshill Manor! smile

AliceAforethought Mon 11-Mar-19 18:50:13

*as are!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »