Talk

Advanced search

Taking a 2 year old abroad for the first time

(3 Posts)
ER1992 Sun 10-Mar-19 16:53:03

Posting here for traffic. Please move if not in appropriate place.

Hoping to take DS abroad in 2020 wanting to get something booked now while we can definitely afford to pay for it.

So I am wanting your holiday experiences with a 2 year old? Places in Europe you recommend (our budget is around £1500)?
And how long a flight would you take?

We love Greece but a bit nervous about a 4-5 hour flight with a 2 year old so wondering if we should stick to Spain/Balearic islands. We will also be going all inclusive which me and DH have never done before

Spudlet Sun 10-Mar-19 16:58:07

We did Italy with 2yo DS last year, just outside of Rome, and it was lovely. The flight was three hours so do-able (he was very good, with the aid of the iPad and lots of small toys in a backpack), and he was just adored and made a fuss of everywhere. I never felt in the way or judged like you do sometimes with a toddler at home - probably partly because I was all relaxed and on holiday, but also because children are welcome over there.

We had a villa with a shared pool which was actually great as it meant the pool was easily accessible (it was a short walk away), but not on the property itself so we didn't have to be on high alert at all times. It was lovely. We took the train into Rome a couple of times for the day and hired a car so we could explore a bit (we saw many playgrounds...). I recommend it!

Thankfuckitsfriday1 Sun 10-Mar-19 17:10:40

HIGHLY recommend majorca alcudia.

We’ve been twice to iberostar alcudia park but going to a different hotel this time as they revamped and bumped the price up.

But the place is beautiful, white sandy beaches and very shallow sea. The town is also lovely. Playa de muro and can picafort are close and both wonderful too.

flight is 2 hours and we took our 1.5 year old 3 years ago and this one taking our 3 year old and 1.5 year old!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »