Talk

Advanced search

To think blogging is dead

(10 Posts)
user1493242132 Sun 10-Mar-19 09:26:37

So, after much deliberation I decided to take the plunge and start a blog. Yay!
I don’t think I have a niche per se so I don’t expect much to come out of this blog but using it as a catharsis really for my loneliness. Anyway, I then proceed to write my first post and publish it. I am obviously very excited about my first post and despite of saying so I was hoping at least one person would read my one and only post. 2 days later, nothing. Not one visitor, no hits nothing! SHOULD HAVE PRESSED THE PUBLISH BUTTON grin
Still waiting though after a day gringringrin
(Lighthearted, so please don’t flame me for my stupidity)

Plural Sun 10-Mar-19 09:33:08

What topic is it?

What are your aims of the blog? It depends o whether it's to make money or just for self satisfaction. I've seen a lots of other bloggers posting on each other's blogs in the comments to garner views

Plural Sun 10-Mar-19 09:33:34

I just got the bottom sentence whoops! Good luck

user1493242132 Sun 10-Mar-19 09:38:32

Thanks Plural!
Would help if I actually published the post wouldn’t it grin
But on a serious note, I do think this is a saturated market (keeping it real) so I am really just using it for personal satisfaction. But would be nice to hear feedback from other people too sometimes.

sonjadog Sun 10-Mar-19 09:47:31

How are you marketing your blog? How are your desired public going to find it?

EveryoneFreeze Sun 10-Mar-19 10:05:40

If you post a link on here I’m sure some people will read it.

user1493242132 Sun 10-Mar-19 10:10:46

I haven’t really marketed my blog yet as I’ve only just written one post. Clearly I need to do a bit more research. Your questions have been quite an eye opener for me so thank you!
Everyonefreeze, are you allowed to post your links here? I’m not very sure how MN works.

sonjadog Sun 10-Mar-19 10:21:44

I have a blog about a specific interest. It probably takes more time marketing it that it does writing the posts. So have a think over how important it is for other people to read your post, and think about how much effort you are willing to put into finding these people.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 10-Mar-19 10:23:12

People are very unlikely to just find it. It's not dead but it takes significant time and effort to build a community of readers and most people give up or just aren't prepared to put the effort in.

keepforgettingmyusername Sun 10-Mar-19 10:23:15

I find them boring and self indulgent tbh. But I'm sure there are good ones out there worth reading. Good luck with yours!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »