Talk

Advanced search

To press charges against this parent?

(644 Posts)
Rosegarden10 Sun 10-Mar-19 08:39:11

I've name changed for this as obviously this is very outing.

On Friday, my child attended a school disco. Whilst they were at the school disco, another parent broke into the school and was banging on the hall doors to get in. When she couldnt access the hall she kicked the glass door and broke the window smashing the glass. The children and adults inside were terrified and they had to evacuate the children in an emergency lockdown procedure.

My child (and the majority of the other children) are now traumatised. My child doesnt want to go back to school tomorrow. The police arrived at the scene however it doesnt appear as though they arrested her as she the parent was on the parent WhatsApp group trying to justify her behaviour an hour after the incident.

Can I press charges against this woman for the trauma she has caused my child and the other children? I am so angry!!

sleepalldays Sun 10-Mar-19 18:02:35

@Windowsareforcheaters Lisa Potts didn't die? It says on Wikipedia she studied a degree at Wolverhampton uni in 2010?

Lichtie Sun 10-Mar-19 17:59:38

grin this thread is great

hiddengem86 Sun 10-Mar-19 17:57:07

She did respond about the wats app group, didn't she say the women had been blocked or was no longer on the group!

Takethebuscuitandthesink Sun 10-Mar-19 17:54:16

I hope the op does come back and update us with regards to how the meeting goes.

CatkinToadflax Sun 10-Mar-19 17:48:58

Interesting that the question regarding what the woman said on the WhatsApp group has been asked repeatedly by numerous posters, but avoided every time by the OP (even when she was still actively posting on the thread - albeit in sweary capitals!). Maybe the woman tried to explain her actions and gave a completely different version of events to what the OP heard through some children.

Without doubt the woman is in the wrong - but OP has admitted herself that she doesn’t really know the severity of the situation, or exactly what happened, or why.

Frecklesonmyarm Sun 10-Mar-19 17:45:58

Yeah, of course mumsnet can verify the information

If parents saw broken glass from a reinforced glass in a door, if it was that bad and emergency procedure was initiated........the parents wouldn't have got near the door especially in under an hour.

No matter what you say, your story is full of holes and plenty of untruths. The school maybe be calling a meeting, because they are fully aware of what rumours are going round.

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sun 10-Mar-19 17:44:21

You have not been abused. As far as I know, the only person who has had a post deleted on this thread is you.

I am pleased that the school is being proactive and I’m sure you will get the answers you need tomorrow.

Rosegarden10 Sun 10-Mar-19 17:41:12

I have actually reported my own thread to mumsnet. Firstly because people seem to think sock puppeting has gone on - which mumsnet will confirm is bullshit.

Secondly I have given the information to mumsnet to check that what I have said is true. As alot of you on this thread seem to think I am making this up.

The school have announced a meeting tomorrow. The parents all saw the broken glass and the incidents were confirmed by the school governors who were stood outside the hall speaking to parents as we arrived. The only reason why I have come back on this thread is that another mumsnet user has contacted me as she is a parent at the school. I am absolutely disgusted and horrified at mumsnet at times and this is one of them. Some of the children at the disco are too frightened to go back to school tomorrow in case the "crazy lady" is there. We as the parents are trying our hardest to reassure them that they are safe. I came on here to vent away from my child, to express how angry I was that a parent has got away with this and to seek advice on what we could do as parents. All I have received is abuse (apart from the odd few who were lovely).

I am not coming back to this thread and pack of vultures, I will leave mumsnet to investigate.

Handprints2018 Sun 10-Mar-19 17:32:22

What did the mum say on watsapp? Did she admit to smashing things up?

The school will have to deal with this, with police, but if she did behave this way then she should permanently have an 'avoid' flag hanging over her for other people. No one needs that behaviour in their life.

mummyhaschangedhername Sun 10-Mar-19 17:30:55

Our school had joint discos until this year when the PTA changed to new people, myself included and the head asked for them to be separated.

caughtinanet Sun 10-Mar-19 16:54:04

I've never worked in a school where the year 6s would have gone to a disco where reception and key stage 1 children were at

My DC have never been to a school where the year 6 and reception children haven't been at the same disco. Do you not know that there are hundreds of small schools all over the country that aren't the same as large ones?

Are you suggesting the OP isn't telling the truth about that part of the story?

clairemcnam Sun 10-Mar-19 16:39:51

Takethebiscuits
For counselling to be made available free of charge to children who need it.
Counselling straight after a traumatic event (which I don't think this was), has been shown to be worse than no intervention. What is best is to leave people for a few weeks to talk to friends and family, and then offer counselling to those who are still struggling.

Bluntness100 Sun 10-Mar-19 16:07:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

todayiwin Sun 10-Mar-19 16:00:28

Anyone know why the parent wanted to kill the head?

For example, if my child was in immediate danger and the head wouldn't let my child out I'd be pretty batshit

Takethebuscuitandthesink Sun 10-Mar-19 15:56:50

OP what did the other mum actually say on the WhatsApp group chat?

cardibach Sun 10-Mar-19 15:56:34

Italic fail.

cardibach Sun 10-Mar-19 15:56:14

^Christ, I'll repeat again Claire what the OP has written!

The children and adults inside were terrified and they had to evacuate the children in an emergency lockdown procedure^
7Pip (and others who keep repeating this phrase) do you want to think about that for just one minute? evacuated in a lockdown procedure. Do you see the problem? Evacuation and lockdown are two opposite procedures. In lockdown, everyone stays put. In evacuation, everyone leaves. Take this obvious misunderstanding (possibly untruth/assumption) alongside everything else the OP wrote. It seems likely that it’s all based on misunderstandings, assumptions and exaggerations. The OPs child was upset, due possibly to some disruption in school or possibly to gossip about it and she’s understandably not happy about that. The rest...

iklboo Sun 10-Mar-19 15:48:37

I actually posted on the wrong thread with that comment. I'm casting no aspersions at all.

todayiwin Sun 10-Mar-19 15:44:04

Why did the parent want to kill the head teacher?

7Pip Sun 10-Mar-19 15:32:19

Well since it's soooooooooooooooo obvious, why don't we get MN to tell us.

SnowyAlpsandPeaks Sun 10-Mar-19 15:30:14

Don’t worry everyone, I’m currently looking for all the court cases, where someone has been arrested and ‘locked up’ for making a child cry. Currently I’m on ‘zero’, but who knows maybe there is one (don’t wait for me to come back with an answer, I think you may be waiting a while......)

SnowdropsiUnderTrees Sun 10-Mar-19 15:12:54

For the posters querying about KS1 and KS2 together at a disco that would normally be the case at a small rural school. If our rural school separated KS1 and KS2 we would have about 6 children in each disco!
OP I think you should take on board the general advice about playing it down for the benefit of your child and not escalating the drama.
I feel sorry for the head teacher who the mum has threatened to kill.

JustAnotherPoster00 Sun 10-Mar-19 15:11:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mummyhaschangedhername Sun 10-Mar-19 15:01:49

Well that was an interesting thread. OP if your still around, I am sorry this had happened and I do understand why there would be a lot of upset.

I think when people talk in the extreme it tends to out people at the other extreme. Talking about police charges, then a potential gun and then terrorist attack are fairly extreme. Most people don't jump to those things straight away, in fact when you hear about most terrorist attacks the survivors say things it often took them awhile to realise what was happening and they just to find justifiable other reasons for noises or actions of others.

However, with children you could see than one or two could potentially wind up the rest.

No police action was taken, for all we know the parent may have been sent a text saying that something had happened to their child and they were in a blind panic trying to get in. I don't think that's the case, but we don't actually know. It's all hearsay.

However, hope you child is feeling better now, take them for an ice cream or buy them a phone so they can have contact with you in school. Speak to the school about how you child is feeling, but don't add more fuel to the fire, if you child brings it up, acknowledge it, repeat how they are feeling and then explain that no one was hurt and it was fine, give reassurances like how quickly the police came and how well the teachers protected them.

Frecklesonmyarm Sun 10-Mar-19 15:01:48

@Takethebuscuitandthesink

Most would agree with you except it almost certainly didn't happen the way the OP thinks it did.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »