Talk

Advanced search

My mother gets treated better than me

(6 Posts)
Alicew00 Sat 09-Mar-19 22:26:38

I hate my mother, she has said some really mean things to me in the past and picked on me for having depression aswell as talking bad about me to people and making them go against me. And my sister's don't see it they treat her like a queen. I was forced to go out somewhere I don't like for my 25th birthday because they wanted to go there. I tried to be happy but I was miserable as my mother just talked about herself all night and gave me dirty looks when I tried to dance and join in. I ended up sitting down all night and hiding my tears.
But now everyones doing everything for our mother going above and beyond to do everything for her. I don't know what to do. I'm feeling angry but do i have the right to

HappyHattie Sat 09-Mar-19 22:38:42

This sounds difficult OP but maybe consider that you just don’t fit in with your family. They seem happy, they don’t seem to share your issues with your mother, so it’s not wrong of them to treat her well!

I would suggest that you make with the fact that in their eyes, you’re the problem. It doesn’t mean you actually are, but if they’re happy leave them to it!

longwayoff Sat 09-Mar-19 22:39:51

Try sticking your tongue out at them, it's said to be quite effective.

Takethebuscuitandthesink Sat 09-Mar-19 22:42:04

I think you need to have a heart to heart with her about how you feel and see what she says. I would take it from there

Justheretogiveaviewfrommyworld Sat 09-Mar-19 22:48:27

As difficult as it will be for you I think you need to stop seeing her as your 'mother' IYSWIM. She is not being a mother based on your post. You need to see her and yourself as an adult and one who is disrespecting you and your valid feelings as an adult. You wouldn't let another adult treat you like that, without the label of mother, would you? So don't let her. Cut contact. There are fantastic forms of support out there, find a local community centre or church and start there.

blanketyblankest Sat 09-Mar-19 23:22:10

Just because you share DNA with people, doesn't mean you have to like them, or, get on with them.

If you don't want to do something, tell them why, and explain they don't make you happy. It's no biggie to be honest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: