Talk

Advanced search

What would you do with a friend like this

(5 Posts)
colourfulness Sat 09-Mar-19 20:26:24

We are a group of friends and we said we'd make plans for the weekend her and another friend went for a drink but no one else was asked

She goes off with me here and there over weird things like on monday she came over and saw my house not at its best then didn't talk to me for a few days. I wasnt dirty or revolting by any means just two kids playing all day and on my skint day of the week so not much food.

In previous years she tried to change my birthday plans from where I wanted to go me providing the accommodation to somewhere she wanted to go. She did this again a few years after this. Plans she usually changes like this.

When I was heavily pregnant I said as a general comment aww let's just go somewhere for food. No one ever mentioned it again and I forgot and on the day I got a text being like well we're waiting on her to finally decide. She had arranged to meet with our friend group whilst i was at home all waiting at a food place decided for me to text and ask. And when I got there other friends said if I was sat at home and got a text like what she sent me theyd be upset. I was expected to get somewhere for food within 30 mins. I constantly get comments about how bad I am at arranging things.

She kicked a friend out the group years back but I understood this. This friend did bully her in secret. But then our friends boyfriend didn't pay for a deposit because he couldn't go and then unfriended this friend.

She always has someone with her like the friend today.

What would you do with this? Thanks in advance.

StillCoughingandLaughing Sat 09-Mar-19 20:43:33

I think the whole thing sounds deranged.

Stayawayfromitsmouth Sat 09-Mar-19 20:48:51

She sounds like a bitch. Although it's a bit difficult to understand your post.
Maybe back off a bit from her. But yes, if you want to go somewhere for your birthday arrange it yourself properly. You don't need her approval. If your other friends always defer to her I would wonder what you were getting out of the friendship group.

Yesicancancan Sat 09-Mar-19 20:48:53

Too much effort for too little enjoyment, bin.

Siriismyonlyfriend Sat 09-Mar-19 20:52:56

What would I do, I’d just phase her out. Life’s hard enough without putting up with shite like this from supposed “friends”

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »