Talk

Advanced search

To ask what Kate Middleton is really like?

(324 Posts)
Cocopops2010 Sat 09-Mar-19 17:45:06

Just that really. I know some of you will think ‘who cares?’ but I find her kind of intriguing. Always so well turned out/groomed, very poised, polite...I wonder what her real personality is? How does she manage so much scrutiny?

Dapplegrey Sat 09-Mar-19 18:27:57

Shirley - I hope she isn’t on mumsnet! There have been some vile things said about her such as ‘I would like put up against a wall and shot’. Can you imagine reading something as horrible as that?
I’m very glad I’m a nonentity.

Dapplegrey Sat 09-Mar-19 18:28:19

I would like HER put up against a wall even

Cornettoninja Sat 09-Mar-19 18:29:23

I don’t get a mean girl vibe from her at all really, I think she’s probably a perfectly pleasant person.

Obviously based on fuck all at all, but I don’t think William would have gone for a dickhead. He seems perfectly happy to have a stable home and life and avoid any unnecessary drama. Who could blame him really given his parents penchant for terrible public decisions.

mogtheexcellent Sat 09-Mar-19 18:30:07

I've met the family a few times as we live locally. Shes quiet and guarded but lovely. Pippa is smiley and a bit dim. Carol nice but havent spoken to her much as not important enough. Love the dad hes a nice chap.

SteelRiver Sat 09-Mar-19 18:30:23

Must admit I'm not a fan. I think she has been 'groomed' from a young age by her mother to marry well into the higher echelons of society. Didn't she hit the jackpot! I know we can't expect to see much of her true self, but I think she must have true inner steel.

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 18:30:24

What extra authority will she have as 'Queen' won't Wills have the main hand (power, authority)? I thought she would be queen in a sense of a good royal spouse and supporter of the King. Not as the current reigning queen is.

SteelRiver Sat 09-Mar-19 18:34:57

She'll be a Queen Consort. She won't have numbers after her name like Queen Elizabeth II.

LuckyLou7 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:40:33

I wish I could be as effortlessly slender and elegant with 3 small children.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's not effortless, and I know she has help, but she still looks lovely all the time.

QuirkyQuark Sat 09-Mar-19 18:40:50

I think she's lovely, she has such a presence about her. I'd imagine she's really quite down to earth when the kids are playing up and probably shrieks like the rest of us do grin

JaneEyre07 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:40:53

I think she's a very determined and focused woman, who is quiet but forceful. I notice her duties never take her out of her comfort zone and she seems to be carefully but firmly treading her own path and doing things her own way.

I like her and think she's a huge asset to the firm.

Lovingbenidorm Sat 09-Mar-19 18:42:37

Kate and I were out on the lash last night and believe me she’s a right larf!

certainlymerry Sat 09-Mar-19 18:43:29

I really admire her. She comes across as very genuine, unaffected and caring . She obviously adores William and loves her children dearly. She never puts a foot wrong. It must be so so hard to live that life in a goldfish bowl. No amount of perks would make up for it for me. She doesn't make her engagements about her, she concentrates on the people she is there to represent. Always smiling, always engaged. I just think she is far too thin and looks much better with a fuller face.

InACheeseAndPickle Sat 09-Mar-19 18:43:31

I know someone who was friends with her at school but hasn't really kept in touch. She felt like she was a genuinely nice person.

ThePants999 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:43:39

I'm afraid Prince William doesn't post on here, so I don't imagine you'll get particularly well-evidenced answers...

Moominfan Sat 09-Mar-19 18:46:48

She seems so different from her sister. Pippa gives off mean girl vibe. Kate seems to finally be winning public over with Meghans arrival

MissEliza Sat 09-Mar-19 18:49:06

I think you have to be very determined and tough to cope in those circles.

TakenForSlanted Sat 09-Mar-19 18:52:19

She comes across as someone who's good at her job. Also horribly bland. Which, in her case, happens to be necessary in order to be good at her job.

I'm sure she's perfectly pleasant. Would I pick her to spend a night at a bar with? Not really, but then I don't have to.

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 18:54:59

She'll be a Queen Consort. She won't have numbers after her name like Queen Elizabeth II.

So it what way will her role change from the one she does now? I get confused about people saying she's being groomed for her 'future role as queen' as if she'll have some sort of extraordinary responsibilities, when it seems all she'll be doing is what she does now with William already. Being a spouse and a support. I know she'll receive more curtsies, but what else?

TheFaerieQueene Sat 09-Mar-19 18:56:36

I’m sure she is like most people, a mix of good and not so much!

I wouldn’t want her life, but if she is happy, then fab.

VladmirsPoutine Sat 09-Mar-19 18:58:05

Tbh, I reckon now that Meghan has come along to soak up all the bile, Kate could do no wrong. Even if she shot a row of swans there'd still be a reason why it's Meghan's fault.

That said, she does come across poised during her engagements and so forth.

ssd Sat 09-Mar-19 18:58:15

I really like her, she seems genuine and so sincere. Her and William make a lovely couple and have a great family.

ideasofmarch Sat 09-Mar-19 18:59:07

I reckon she has innate serenity, nerves of steel and the hide of a rhinoceros to be able to take on all the flak she knew would inevitably be coming her way when she married royalty.

Kudos to her.

JinglingHellsBells Sat 09-Mar-19 19:00:21

@cocopops2010

Well yes, you are being a bit unreasonable and goady too.

Unless her best friend comes along, it's all speculation and another thread to start discussing someone we don't know.

Are you bored today?

Ginger1982 Sat 09-Mar-19 19:01:17

I think she comes across as a nice person. It must be hard to be on show all the time, especially after just having a baby.

DonaldTwain Sat 09-Mar-19 19:02:58

What on earth’s to admire? Plenty of women manage to be thin and well dressed - if those things matter to you - while achieving much more and leading much more demanding lives.
I wouldn’t say off with her head, but a culture which regards her as in any way admirable or noteworthy is a wee bit warped, I’m afraid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »