Talk

Advanced search

To ask what Kate Middleton is really like?

(324 Posts)
Cocopops2010 Sat 09-Mar-19 17:45:06

Just that really. I know some of you will think ‘who cares?’ but I find her kind of intriguing. Always so well turned out/groomed, very poised, polite...I wonder what her real personality is? How does she manage so much scrutiny?

ShirleyPhallus Sat 09-Mar-19 17:48:09

I find her interesting

Very interesting also how awful the papers / general public were about her - ie Waity Katie and all the slagging off about her short skirts and wafty hems and now she can do no wrong and is Saint Kate

She must be on MN too I reckon

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 09-Mar-19 17:51:45

My friend used to work for her and William (and went to the wedding) and said they were both absolutely lovely and very normal and friendly. She wasn’t that complimentary about other members of the Royal Family (or Pippa) but really enjoyed working for the Cambridges.

FoggyDay58 Sat 09-Mar-19 17:53:28

@ShirleyPhallus definitely: www.ok.co.uk/royal/royal-latest/1411236/kate-middleton-secret-mumsnet-account-clues

WorraLiberty Sat 09-Mar-19 17:54:14

Hold on

I'll pop next door and ask her grin

SamSpade Sat 09-Mar-19 17:55:58

Oh, I'm quite nice when you get to know me. wink

dayswithaY Sat 09-Mar-19 17:56:42

I know someone who met her in a private setting and found her absolutely charming. Think she was engaged but not married. Her father was the same, but not great feedback on the rest of her family. They are a very close knit loving family, that definitely came across.

NotSureThisIsWhatIWant Sat 09-Mar-19 17:59:11

I think she is a very pretty mute. Not much substance that we are aware of... yet.

But then she must be playing her royal role to perfection... smile and pretend to agree with everything hubby says.

OhMyfoodness Sat 09-Mar-19 18:06:30

I would guess that she's a Mum like most of us here and doesn't have very many friends to confide in 'How do you cope with the press?'. Not a conversation I've ever had. The criticism of her must be difficult to swallow. The fascination with her children must feel intimidating. I suspect it's lonely in a way. You have to engage with approved people. Nobody outside would get it, and they'll just sell the story.
I think she's lovely.

PinkOboe Sat 09-Mar-19 18:08:20

My mother taught her at school. She was apparently quiet, studious, sporty and unassuming. Pippa was the outgoing “popular” one

StillCoughingandLaughing Sat 09-Mar-19 18:08:54

How the hell would we know? And her name hasn’t been Middleton in eight years.

VelvetPineapple Sat 09-Mar-19 18:09:34

She is very shrewd imo. Married the top guy and planned it from the start, thus securing her future and her children’s. Plays the part to perfection as well. She’s squeaky clean and is very good at wearing just enough high street clothes to appear accessible but just enough designer to be aspirational. I admire her and wish I could have pulled off what she has.

birdsdestiny Sat 09-Mar-19 18:10:40

She rarely offers to make anyone else a cuppa when she makes her own but other than that she's ok.

BingLiveisRubbish Sat 09-Mar-19 18:12:05

Crikey! Well Kate, Duchess (Royal Highness 🤷🏼‍♀️ Who knows...) if you're reading this, you are stunning! Naturally beautiful and I envy how effortless it appears to be for you to look polished and relaxed! And slim. A void of any snapped hair whatsoever. How? I mean.... How?!

Yours sincerely,

A fat, sweaty, disabled single Mum of one 4 yr old who drives her round the bloody twist!

thankswine

BingLiveisRubbish Sat 09-Mar-19 18:13:03

Oh trust me to have a typo in a message to a bloody Royal! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤬

👸🌹

Cocopops2010 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:13:37

Thanks for all the replies! Yes I admire her as well - I know she enjoys great privilege but her role is not an easy one. She is so poised!

ZaraW Sat 09-Mar-19 18:14:59

How on earth does anyone on here know unless they grew up with her or close friends? If people have met her at a function she's doing her job and her role is to be polite, charming etc.

RomanyQueen1 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:15:21

She speaks very highly of you OP, only yesterday she was singing your praises.
YABU to ask on here as I'm sure nobody actually knows her.

Stinkytoe Sat 09-Mar-19 18:15:48

She has a mean girl vibe to me, I’ve only met her very, very briefly though.

HelloDarlin Sat 09-Mar-19 18:16:19

I loved those pics of her running around the Kings Road, shortly before she got married.
Some think it was part of a game plan to bag Wills, but I think she’s sacrificed basic freedom.

Jsmith99 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:17:52

Kate comes across to me as a mature, intelligent, sensible woman who understood exactly what she was getting herself into and did so with her eyes wide open.

I think she genuinely loves her husband, too.

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 18:21:02

I think it must be true that she has a nice personality. She seems a lot like myself quiet and a bit introverted with real depth below the surface (I'm not bragging its just truegrin) I read she was bullied in school and generally I find when you go through that experience you become something of an empath and bend over backwards trying to make others feel comfortable, because you know how horrible it feels to be excluded and invisible.

Buddywoo Sat 09-Mar-19 18:21:08

Apparently she is very well liked by her staff and treats them well. As for Meghan......

WilliesWifey Sat 09-Mar-19 18:23:29

Of course One is on here but I she is very discrete. smile

PositiveDiscipline Sat 09-Mar-19 18:25:38

I think she has been very well counselled and is making massive efforts to be the type of royal that we respect. I think she is doing her job really well. She may not come across as exciting but as a future Queen she seems to be taking her role very seriously and dutifully.

Dapplegrey Sat 09-Mar-19 18:27:57

Shirley - I hope she isn’t on mumsnet! There have been some vile things said about her such as ‘I would like put up against a wall and shot’. Can you imagine reading something as horrible as that?
I’m very glad I’m a nonentity.

Dapplegrey Sat 09-Mar-19 18:28:19

I would like HER put up against a wall even

Cornettoninja Sat 09-Mar-19 18:29:23

I don’t get a mean girl vibe from her at all really, I think she’s probably a perfectly pleasant person.

Obviously based on fuck all at all, but I don’t think William would have gone for a dickhead. He seems perfectly happy to have a stable home and life and avoid any unnecessary drama. Who could blame him really given his parents penchant for terrible public decisions.

mogtheexcellent Sat 09-Mar-19 18:30:07

I've met the family a few times as we live locally. Shes quiet and guarded but lovely. Pippa is smiley and a bit dim. Carol nice but havent spoken to her much as not important enough. Love the dad hes a nice chap.

SteelRiver Sat 09-Mar-19 18:30:23

Must admit I'm not a fan. I think she has been 'groomed' from a young age by her mother to marry well into the higher echelons of society. Didn't she hit the jackpot! I know we can't expect to see much of her true self, but I think she must have true inner steel.

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 18:30:24

What extra authority will she have as 'Queen' won't Wills have the main hand (power, authority)? I thought she would be queen in a sense of a good royal spouse and supporter of the King. Not as the current reigning queen is.

SteelRiver Sat 09-Mar-19 18:34:57

She'll be a Queen Consort. She won't have numbers after her name like Queen Elizabeth II.

LuckyLou7 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:40:33

I wish I could be as effortlessly slender and elegant with 3 small children.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's not effortless, and I know she has help, but she still looks lovely all the time.

QuirkyQuark Sat 09-Mar-19 18:40:50

I think she's lovely, she has such a presence about her. I'd imagine she's really quite down to earth when the kids are playing up and probably shrieks like the rest of us do grin

JaneEyre07 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:40:53

I think she's a very determined and focused woman, who is quiet but forceful. I notice her duties never take her out of her comfort zone and she seems to be carefully but firmly treading her own path and doing things her own way.

I like her and think she's a huge asset to the firm.

Lovingbenidorm Sat 09-Mar-19 18:42:37

Kate and I were out on the lash last night and believe me she’s a right larf!

certainlymerry Sat 09-Mar-19 18:43:29

I really admire her. She comes across as very genuine, unaffected and caring . She obviously adores William and loves her children dearly. She never puts a foot wrong. It must be so so hard to live that life in a goldfish bowl. No amount of perks would make up for it for me. She doesn't make her engagements about her, she concentrates on the people she is there to represent. Always smiling, always engaged. I just think she is far too thin and looks much better with a fuller face.

InACheeseAndPickle Sat 09-Mar-19 18:43:31

I know someone who was friends with her at school but hasn't really kept in touch. She felt like she was a genuinely nice person.

ThePants999 Sat 09-Mar-19 18:43:39

I'm afraid Prince William doesn't post on here, so I don't imagine you'll get particularly well-evidenced answers...

Moominfan Sat 09-Mar-19 18:46:48

She seems so different from her sister. Pippa gives off mean girl vibe. Kate seems to finally be winning public over with Meghans arrival

MissEliza Sat 09-Mar-19 18:49:06

I think you have to be very determined and tough to cope in those circles.

TakenForSlanted Sat 09-Mar-19 18:52:19

She comes across as someone who's good at her job. Also horribly bland. Which, in her case, happens to be necessary in order to be good at her job.

I'm sure she's perfectly pleasant. Would I pick her to spend a night at a bar with? Not really, but then I don't have to.

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 18:54:59

She'll be a Queen Consort. She won't have numbers after her name like Queen Elizabeth II.

So it what way will her role change from the one she does now? I get confused about people saying she's being groomed for her 'future role as queen' as if she'll have some sort of extraordinary responsibilities, when it seems all she'll be doing is what she does now with William already. Being a spouse and a support. I know she'll receive more curtsies, but what else?

TheFaerieQueene Sat 09-Mar-19 18:56:36

I’m sure she is like most people, a mix of good and not so much!

I wouldn’t want her life, but if she is happy, then fab.

VladmirsPoutine Sat 09-Mar-19 18:58:05

Tbh, I reckon now that Meghan has come along to soak up all the bile, Kate could do no wrong. Even if she shot a row of swans there'd still be a reason why it's Meghan's fault.

That said, she does come across poised during her engagements and so forth.

ssd Sat 09-Mar-19 18:58:15

I really like her, she seems genuine and so sincere. Her and William make a lovely couple and have a great family.

ideasofmarch Sat 09-Mar-19 18:59:07

I reckon she has innate serenity, nerves of steel and the hide of a rhinoceros to be able to take on all the flak she knew would inevitably be coming her way when she married royalty.

Kudos to her.

JinglingHellsBells Sat 09-Mar-19 19:00:21

@cocopops2010

Well yes, you are being a bit unreasonable and goady too.

Unless her best friend comes along, it's all speculation and another thread to start discussing someone we don't know.

Are you bored today?

Ginger1982 Sat 09-Mar-19 19:01:17

I think she comes across as a nice person. It must be hard to be on show all the time, especially after just having a baby.

DonaldTwain Sat 09-Mar-19 19:02:58

What on earth’s to admire? Plenty of women manage to be thin and well dressed - if those things matter to you - while achieving much more and leading much more demanding lives.
I wouldn’t say off with her head, but a culture which regards her as in any way admirable or noteworthy is a wee bit warped, I’m afraid.

MotivationSuchAnAggrivation Sat 09-Mar-19 19:05:01

I think she’s awesome.

Brilliantidiot Sat 09-Mar-19 19:05:19

I think she's meeting her public role very well. She comes across as caring, interested and sincere, as does William, and Harry for that matter.
Behind the scenes she's probably as frazzled as any mum and wife of someone in a high profile position tbh, class, power and money don't take away worry, the worry you feel for your children.
I'd like to think if she were ever 'caught' telling William to piss off in an unguarded marital moment or muttering FFS to herself as she runs to extricate a child from whatever mischief they've gotten themselves into, the public would shrug and say 'Well, we've all been there!'
Doubt it though.

OMGithurts Sat 09-Mar-19 19:05:32

Even if she shot a row of swans there'd still be a reason why it's Meghan's fault.
😂

All this talk about her being bland. Most people look fairly bland from the outside. A lot of 'interesting' people are narcissistic twats. I'm fairly bland.

I would hate her life. No popping to Costa in your joggers on mat leave. No nipping out for a quick swim in the morning before a shower. No cinema trips without mega mega hassle. Never being able to give a rude person a dirty look behind their back for fear of it being on the front pages. Awful.

OnlineAlienator Sat 09-Mar-19 19:06:20

I really like (what i see of) her.

Trust me, from me that is a compliment.

Kate, if you're reading, respectful nod to you.

vivariumvivariumsvivaria Sat 09-Mar-19 19:07:38

I hope she is on here.

All that grinning and small talk - she must fancy a right good cunting swear every fucking now and then.

Slazengerbag Sat 09-Mar-19 19:07:39

I think she’s wonderful. She’s polite and charming and does her job perfectly.

Behind closed doors I think she’s just like the rest of us. I couldn’t ever imagine being in her situation with death threats to my children. I wouldn’t swap places for all the money in the world.

Baconislife Sat 09-Mar-19 19:11:09

Thanks for asking op.

I actually think I'm alright.
Can't complain much and my work life balance is rather good.😀

Thedarklady Sat 09-Mar-19 19:12:13

I agree with all your points Slazengerbag

WhiffofSnell Sat 09-Mar-19 19:13:28

I find her intriguing too, OP.

I think she fell in love with her university boyfriend, felt he needed her and was willing to sacrifice a career etc to be his consort. That might sound cringey but I think it's the kind of woman she is.

Now she looks like she's totally winning at life. She's recreated the close family she grew up in, adores her husband, seems happy in her own skin doing work she enjoys - but not too much of it!

I think she's self-contained (doesn't need a lot of friends), self-assured and, according to one royal source, unflappable. Look at how coolly she continued with her duties on the royal tour the day after the topless photos were published around the world. William was obviously furious - she was serene.

The wealth and privilege she enjoys is obsence but if we must have a RF, we might as well have Kate - don't think many could fulfil the role as well as she does - and I say that as a republican.

OutwiththeOutCrowd Sat 09-Mar-19 19:15:40

If Kate and William were deposited on a desert island with a group of random others, I don't think they would rise to the top of the pecking order.

NameChanger22 Sat 09-Mar-19 19:15:44

I think she lacks warmth and compassion and is probably quite calculating. No wonder she fits in so well.

7yo7yo Sat 09-Mar-19 19:17:17

She seems perfectly pleasant. I think I’d like to be her mate.

Since the Meghan manhunt started she’s got a halo and the press and world love her. How awful that 2 young women have been pitted against each other (in the worlds eye) when they could support each other as it seems like they both needs friends who understand what each other is going through.
I hope it’s all media made and they are friends in real life. Though Kate has her family and Megan has only her mum it seems.

OMGithurts Sat 09-Mar-19 19:18:32

I think she lacks warmth and compassion

What on earth do you have that on??

NannyRed Sat 09-Mar-19 19:20:28

I feel for her, it must be bloody hard to be so famous, so much under scrutiny and totally in the eye of the media.

It’s not for everyone, but I think she and William seem charming and I’m sure she will make and be a popular monarch.

Don’t kid yourself she is ‘common’ but I still think she is charming and very pretty (as if that’s relevant)

MarkleSparkle Sat 09-Mar-19 19:22:45

I remember reading years ago that somebody (maybe at university?) said to Kate “oh you’re the lucky one” or something in relationship to going out with William. And she replied no he’s lucky to have me. That’s probably total bollocks, but if it is true it sounds like she has head screwed on and knows her worth. Both are needed in her world!

GirlfriendInAKorma Sat 09-Mar-19 19:25:35

My friend went to Marlborough College with her and said she was a really lovely person.

AquaFaba Sat 09-Mar-19 19:29:04

I was struck by how she placed her hand over William’s to give it a squeeze while they were waiting for Harry and Meghan’s wedding to start. It struck me as a very kind and reassuring gesture, and made her seem somehow relatable. A small detail, yes, but one I thought said much about her.

WhiffofSnell Sat 09-Mar-19 19:29:29

I would hate her life. No popping to Costa in your joggers on mat leave. No nipping out for a quick swim in the morning before a shower

I doubt any daughter of Carol Middleton would dream of doing that - even if they weren't royalty!

Kate enjoys a great deal of privacy at KP and in Norfolk. How often do you see her papped? She manages to talk her children to school with press interference.

Obviously, there's a lot of scrutiny when she's doing public appearances but she's gorgeous, well groomed and has an unlimited clothes budget courtesy of her FiL!

ForalltheSaints Sat 09-Mar-19 19:31:23

Is it any of our business really? As long as the Duchess of Cambridge is not rude or unreasonable to staff and is a good mother.

WhiffofSnell Sat 09-Mar-19 19:33:46

*Manages to take her children to school without press interference!

WhiffofSnell Sat 09-Mar-19 19:35:09

It's a chat forum - we're chatting about one of the world's most famous women - relax!

Haworthia Sat 09-Mar-19 19:37:04

I agree with her PP who said she’s sacrificed her basic freedom. But in return she’s got a life of unimaginable wealth, luxury and privilege and, quite literally, a place in the history books. It’s quite mind bending really.

PiebaldHamster Sat 09-Mar-19 19:39:46

Probably pregnant again. Every time she mentions she's broody or he mentions another baby she's already pregnant. And hey, why not? I'd have as many as I wanted with that kind of life. As for her age, she's younger than Meghan.

keepforgettingmyusername Sat 09-Mar-19 19:43:37

Disappointed that the OK mag 'clues' wasn't a speech by her starting with 'penis beaker, cancel the cheque, Centre Parcs' tbh.

Nellieelephant Sat 09-Mar-19 19:43:43

I don’t know her and have never met her nor do I think I will ever move in her circles! so cannot comment on her personality but I would LOVE to know what diet she sticks too and how she managed to look so effortlessly stylish.

Mother87 Sat 09-Mar-19 19:45:25

Vivariumgringrin

evilharpy Sat 09-Mar-19 19:49:05

ForalltheSaints what’s wrong with wondering what a celebrity’s personality is like in real life? There are lots who I wonder if their projected persona is how they are when the cameras are off. Dwayne Johnson would be one. Doesn’t mean I’m sticking my nose in his business or calling him an unfit parent just because I wonder what he’s like in real life. Why can’t people wonder what the DoC is like?

LaurenOrdering Sat 09-Mar-19 19:51:52

Kate comes across as nice person, a bit guarded but that's not surprising considering that situation she's in. She seems loyal & kind.
I also get the impression that she has a little bit of a mad/comedic streak behind closed doors & is extremely funny.
I like what I see.

thedisorganisedmum Sat 09-Mar-19 19:53:15

She not rumoured to be that pleasant. There were too many incidents of "do you know who I am" before she married William, and her sister was worst. She famously made Eugenie and Beatrice in tears on another famous occasion.
There's a reason why the Queen had to officially remind everyone when Kate should curtsey, and when people should curtsey to her.

That said, she must have struggled quite a bit. William friends were not terribly welcoming towards the Middletons, and the 2 sisters were a bit of a joke in that circle. Pippa chose very well by marrying someone with money, but far enough from the royal family for no one to look down at her for being a "air hostess daughter".

People now hate Meghan and worship Kate "the English Rose". I would love to know what she thinks of that new title!

Bohbell Sat 09-Mar-19 19:54:56

I love her. End of.

SmallFastPenguin Sat 09-Mar-19 19:55:59

Kate is secretly a Trekkie geek and writer of Erotic fan fic based on her favourite characters in TNG and Voyager. She often gets dressed up in full cosplay as a disguise and hangs around conventions. Her guilty treat is a full fat mocha latte with extra cream and a flake but she only has this at conventions of big Sci-fi events. Her self control over diet and at social occasions comes from the practise of the Vulcan Kolinar like her hero Mr Spock and like the Vulcans she has adopted a mainly vegetarian diet although she will eat meat at ambassadorial functions.
She has a Roomba robot Hoover at home in Kensington palace and likes to pretend she can communicate with it using her mobile phone, saying "Kate to Roomba please proceed to the dining room at warp speed 2"
On family occasions she likes to get the kids to dress up and spends hours sewing their costumes and teaching them to say Happy New Year in Klingon. George has now started to want to be Harry Potter but Kate is ok with this as she doesn't mind fantasy and also quite likes GoTs although it can get a bit close to reality with all those squabbling royals.
She was very pleased when Wills started losing his hair and likes him to keep his Picard costume on in the bedroom which he often consents to if he is in the mood.

kingfisherblue33 Sat 09-Mar-19 19:58:47

How do you ‘know’ all that, disorganised?

thedisorganisedmum Sat 09-Mar-19 20:03:50

I just remember the articles at the time. The non-UK press is also a lot less subtle than our local one.

It's always possible it's all an invention, but coming from different sources it's not exactly likely. No more than the rest anyway.

FurrySlipperBoots Sat 09-Mar-19 20:06:04

She's alright. Get's very grumpy when she loses her hair straighteners, but always gets a strike when bowling. She loves chocolate custard although she only allows herself to eat it on special occasions, and she has a line dancing coach who comes to give her 1-on-tuition every other Wednesday (when she's in the UK). She'd really like to try painting her toenails orange but Will think they'd look like she had some sort of infection. She tries to pretend George's jokes are funny but she's getting really tired of them now! Lottie is at a stroppy stage generally but she does give lovely cuddles in the evening which is her and Kate's special time. Louis is teething but very placid with it, which she's thanking her stars for because he does have a piercing shriek when he wants to use it - she can hear him even when he's with the nannies sometimes! She hates when plans get cancelled or changed at the last minute. She especially enjoys watching old sitcoms from the 70s and 80s, but worries about that as they're not PC. She uses a dab on Louis' nappy cream on her face after a long day - she swears by calendula to sooth the 'smile pain'. She's terrified of needles and has to take pills and have listen to Enya before she has injections. She sleeps in a giant T-shirt with a dinosaur on it (present from her dad - it's an in-joke) and collects money boxes (her favourite is a silver rocking horse that was actually a Christening present for Lottie-Pie, but she's commandeered it). She's rather unsure about cats, especially ones that mew. And she REALLY regrets the time she and Will tried the chili sauce thing...

Annnnnnyway, I may have given a bit too much away there, but hopefully you feel you know her a little better now.

keepforgettingmyusername Sat 09-Mar-19 20:10:42

@Bohbell end of what? What does that phrase even mean confused

BrizzleMint Sat 09-Mar-19 20:17:39

I had promised not to tell you all but she's Any Fucker.

ssd Sat 09-Mar-19 20:24:18

How funny would that be!!

Ali1cedowntherabbithole Sat 09-Mar-19 20:31:03

Well someone is starting all the Meghan threads.

beanaseireann Sat 09-Mar-19 20:32:21

Kate hasn't put a foot wrong.
She is a definite asset to the RF.
I think Carole is some woman. From a fairly humble background to a daughter in the palace and another married to a billionaire. She set up the Party Pieces business and it has thrived.

thedisorganisedmum Sat 09-Mar-19 20:32:59

I had promised not to tell you all but she's Any Fucker.

no, but might be her PA. Any Fucker has posted at times when Kate was on official engagements!

Frangipane Sat 09-Mar-19 20:34:06

AquaFabaSat 09-Mar-19 19:29:04

I was struck by how she placed her hand over William’s to give it a squeeze while they were waiting for Harry and Meghan’s wedding to start. It struck me as a very kind and reassuring gesture, and made her seem somehow relatable. A small detail, yes, but one I thought said much about her.

I'm not saying that didn't happen, but I dont think you could have seen it whilst they were waiting for Harry and Meghan's wedding to start. William was best man, sitting with Harry, and Kate was minding the little bridesmaids and page boys. Maybe it was at Eugenie's wedding?

Having lived through the farce of Charles and Diana's marriage, the one thing that seems apparent about William and Kate is that they do seem to have a genuine and loving relationship, which is lovely to see.

thedisorganisedmum Sat 09-Mar-19 20:38:40

Kate hasn't put a foot wrong
see, I don't think her many - many - wardrobe malfunctions were acceptable for someone in her position. Things happen one, that's life, but to insist on doing the same thing over and over when you allegedly represent us is not on.

I completely disagree about her being a role model, but she never pretended to be one. Her wardrobe "issues" on the other hand are her own choice.

ChorleyFMcominginyourears Sat 09-Mar-19 20:40:51

I love her! Have never been a fan of the royals but absolutely love William and Kate and Harry but meghan not so much. I think Kate is stunning and everything seems so effortless. She is an asset to the firm and her children are just beautiful. Got to admit I'm a huge fan of her.

SmallFastPenguin Sat 09-Mar-19 20:41:49

Kate and Meghan fell out when Meghan said she would never appear in a Sci Fi show as it is pure escapism and she prefers something more based in reality.
This upset Kate who feels that Star Trek has a serious message about our society and the use of technology in the future. (This was reported in the media as MM making the DoC cry). Then Meghan thought Kate was being a bit racist in asking her to dress up as Lt Uhura for the family Christmas card, which was not at all the case as Kate simply wanted to recreate the bridge crew of her beloved original series Enterprise.

After this they did not speak for some weeks but then Kate realised she was acting emotionally and spent the day meditating in Kohinor so she could go to apologise to Meghan. In the meantime Harry had explained Kate's strong interest in Trek to Meghan so she was magnanimous and agreed to audition for a part in any new Star Trek film should it be offered and go to Kate's birthday party in costume.

Kate was so pleased they are now good friends and she is already making some tiny Star Fleet uniforms for Meghan's twins.

Cuddlysnowleopard Sat 09-Mar-19 20:45:24

I would love her to be Any Fucker. Just imagine, spending the day having to look serene, in control, and always saying the right thing. Then nipping off to the loo with her mobile to post a couple of cutting truths on the relationship board.

JRMisOdious Sat 09-Mar-19 20:46:35

Unless anyone here actually knows her well, yes YABU.

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 20:47:05

SmallFastPenguin

Stopgrin

BrizzleMint Sat 09-Mar-19 20:47:21

It's what I'd do grin Hmmm, it'd be tempting to have another MN account to be a bitch on AIBU.....I couldn't bring myself to do it though.

Kintan Sat 09-Mar-19 20:49:25

Bohbell end of what? What does that mean?

KingHenrysCodpiece Sat 09-Mar-19 20:50:14

I think she probably ways posts on the 'Baby Names' threads on MN and nobody puts two and two together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »