Talk

Advanced search

To expect the Brownies uniform to be made of better quality material considering how much it all costs?

(11 Posts)
TinyGang Sun 08-Jul-07 21:26:58

Dd's Brownie clothes are only worn once a week, but the jersey top and jacket look all bobbly and old.

They were bought from new and started to look bobbly after only a couple of wears.

I thought maybe we were just unlucky, but at the weekend I happened to see a Brownie pack on a day out and all their tops looked the same.

It's not exactly cheap to buy either<moan, moan>

There...my very first post in AIBU!

KbearBrockovich Sun 08-Jul-07 21:32:11

Ooh, happy to agree with you TinyGang. I have lost count of the times I have sewn up DD's brownie trousers because the seams have split. Wish I had just bought brown tracksuit bottoms. I think the t-shirts fade really quickly too. I think practicality was sacrificed by the designer TBH.

(My brownie dress (circa 1975) had been worn by about three brownies before me and was handed on to my cousins and it was as good as new.)

Don't make 'em like they used to!

TinyGang Mon 09-Jul-07 10:04:34

Ahhh I remember those little dresses - they were really sweet. Did the badges get sewn onto your sleeve?

I think dd would actually prefer something like that.

KbearBrockovich Mon 09-Jul-07 11:56:30

Yes, there were about 100 holes down my sleeve from everyone elses badges too! It didn't seem to matter then (in the good old days!). You almost expect to have second hand brownie uniform (and everything else if you lived in my house!).

popmum Mon 09-Jul-07 11:57:47

you should email guide headquarters about this. i'm sure they'd like (but not like IYKWIM) feedback!

kslatts Mon 09-Jul-07 12:05:09

I agree, my dd1 is in the Brownies and her uniform looked quite old after only a couple of washes.

christywhisty Mon 09-Jul-07 17:23:42

Where did you get it from?
I was told that the uniform you can buy directly from the Girl Guiding website is better quality than the David Luke brand you can buy in the shops

christywhisty Mon 09-Jul-07 17:25:45

Meant to say bought DD's from the GG website and it still looks okay. My only problem has been the sizing which makes no sense at all.

muppetgirl Mon 09-Jul-07 17:27:10

...i always wanted to be a Brownie.

My mum said no.

Said I only wanted to be a Brownie to copy my friends.

Can I be an honoury Brownie?

MrsFish Mon 09-Jul-07 17:34:43

Ooooh this brings back memories, I was a brownie, I loved it, the brown dress and yellow necktie thing I still have my belt/purse and all my badges somewhere.

muppetgirl Mon 09-Jul-07 17:38:06

Now I'm really jealous..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: