Talk

Advanced search

to be nosy and ask if your thread ever made it to the papers?

(6 Posts)
elliejjtiny Sat 09-Mar-19 13:13:25

Not from a thread but dh did an article with the mirror newspaper once. The mirror paid him (not much) and then a load of other newspapers and websites used it and didn't pay him. I don't know if they paid the mirror though.

NuffSaidSam Sat 09-Mar-19 13:12:14

A thread I commented on ended up in the fail with my (and several others) comments included. It was weird to see my username in a fail article.

I can't even remember what it was about now, nothing particularly interesting!

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Sat 09-Mar-19 13:08:23

How would you get payment , this is an anonymous forum. A cheque to Mrs TwoEggsFlipped ?

TheFirstOHN Sat 09-Mar-19 13:02:24

BuzzFeed based an article on a thread I started a few years ago (under a previous username). Luckily it was harmless light-hearted stuff and there was no personal information in there. I did name change afterwards though.

Iooselipssinkships Sat 09-Mar-19 12:54:46

I haven't but I doubt anyone receives any payment. Especially not when pulled from a public forum.
I had a story in the Daily Mail (I had good reason. DV related) and not that I did it for money I received £20. (Nor did I get the proof read they promised or confirmation they were publishing it. I came across it randomly, nice.)
There's not much money to be made from newspapers anymore.
I was offered £1000 from magazine deals but I turned them down as that wasn't what I wanted.

TheMuminator2 Sat 09-Mar-19 12:36:47

I am sure this has probably been asked before but I am just curios and NOt trying to get in the papers. What was your experience-positive or negative? Did you get any payment or follow-up? How many managed to get their article deleted as it was too upsetting?

DM et al take note about how you can affect people!! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »