Talk

Advanced search

To not go to A and E with muscle spasm

(6 Posts)
sarcasticbutton Sat 09-Mar-19 11:16:56

So I have what feels like a spasm under my two smallest toes and a pain in my ankle it’s been there for three days. I haven’t hurt it it just happened after some sickness

111 online says to go to A and E but that seems over kill, anyone got any home remedies ? Or is this a walk in center thing

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 09-Mar-19 11:41:19

Can't it wait till Monday?

EwItsAHooman Sat 09-Mar-19 11:43:06

If you've been sick a lot then muscle spasms can be a sign of dehydration in which case you'd need anti-emetics and a fluids drip. Probably not the case though if it's been going on for three days.

Will they make you an appointment with the out of hours GP instead?

sarcasticbutton Sat 09-Mar-19 11:46:18

I have stopped being sick yesterday and I drink a lot of water so don’t think it’s dehydration. I just can’t walk as it’s the joint or muscle under the two last toes and my ankle hurts. I take naproxen and pregabalin and it hasn’t touched the pain so I think it’s gotta be a muscle pain

ABC1234DEF Sat 09-Mar-19 11:55:58

Dehydration isn't just about water volume, it's about electrolytes. Get some dioralyte/sports electrolyte solution or similar in to you and see if that helps.

Prequelle Sat 09-Mar-19 11:57:25

It doesn't have to warrant a&e. If you ring 111 they can sometimes (depending on area) sort out getting you a muscle relaxant ASAP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: