Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anything can be done about the sports club committee?

(3 Posts)
GreenTeacup Sat 09-Mar-19 10:04:55

My son plays for a footsall team. The committee is made up of 5 parents. They are very good at what they do for the club.

However, they are a nasty clique and over the last two years, I have seen people come and leave the team because of them.

They haven’t spoken to me for over a year because I took two children from the club to McDonald’s and they said that I was excluding the others. (This is despite them having many parties between themselves). They actually had a WhatsApp group discussing that something needed to be done about me being able to attend training. (This was shown to be by another member who decided to step down).

I don’t really care what they think, I am there for my son but I am currently standing here watching their new target close to tears.

The coach is aware of what is happening and says he is often on the wrong side of them too.

I can’t commit to putting myself forward abs I understand that is how you challenge a position?

I have looked online for info but there is not much. Is there anything that can be done?

twinkle999 Sat 09-Mar-19 10:10:41

You need to put yourself forward as a committee member to improve things.

PoptartPoptart Sat 09-Mar-19 10:50:13

I would move clubs tbh.
I wouldn’t want myself or my DS to be around that level of nastiness. What is it teaching the kids?
It all sounds very unhealthy and toxic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »