Talk

Advanced search

I can’t be the only one?

(8 Posts)
berrybubbles Sat 09-Mar-19 09:41:56

Lighthearted-ish. I’m losing my mind with DH as I really fucking hate it when he moves about constantly in bed. He won’t stay still! Currently staying at FIL’s and the guest bed is a cheap metal one so I’m being bounced about with every movement from DH. We’ve just had a 30 min laze around until FIL got up and oh my goodness I just wanted to push him out the bed. We might as well be laid on a water bed. It’s not as bad when we’re at home but it still annoys me. If I’m laid still then I want to lay still, not be jostled about.

I just tell him ‘it’s a bed not a bouncy castle, if you want to move get up!’. He’s getting better at home but I’ve had to kick him to the sofa most nights. He’s perfectly healthy and the bed is more than comfortable, he’s just an annoying fidgety shite!grin Anyone else got OHs like this?

Oysterbabe Sat 09-Mar-19 09:44:48

My DH can't roll over like a normal human, it's like the orca show at seaworld.
We have a Simba mattress and it's made a big difference, it doesn't bounce.

Whatsnewpussyhat Sat 09-Mar-19 09:46:32

Yep. So we bought a super king size bed and an expensive mattress. Million times better.

BarbedBloom Sat 09-Mar-19 09:47:44

I am the one who moves around a lot here as I have rheumatoid arthritis and my joints get sore at night, so I really sympathise with you. Having said that, my DH is a huge duvet stealer so it probably evens out. He was wrapped up like the hungry caterpillar this morning while I shivered in my inch of blanket grin

Singlenotsingle Sat 09-Mar-19 09:50:22

I saw a program about Restless Leg Syndrome the other day. Horrific! He hasn't got RLS has he?

berrybubbles Sat 09-Mar-19 09:55:44

Sorry if it sounds like I’m being mean! He doesn’t even stop in his sleep so I think maybe it could be something like RLS. Would him not doing much in the daytime affect that as he works an office job and doesn’t really do any excercise. I think I new matteress will definitely help I’ll check the Simba ones out thank you!

nancy75 Sat 09-Mar-19 09:59:13

My DH sleep walks, shouts, laughs, tickles me & blows raspberries in his sleep, I’d be quite happy if all he did was fidget!

barberousbarbara Sat 09-Mar-19 10:44:50

I swear I share a bed with Tigger. DP is incapable of rolling over without launching himself 2-3 inches off the bed, bouncing me to the edge of the bed in the process. I want a new king size bed with zipped mattresses or failing that sleep in a different room.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »