Talk

Advanced search

Not to make my kids put on 'home clothes' after school?

(77 Posts)
youngfarmer Fri 08-Mar-19 20:07:13

I have 3 girls; when they were at primary school there was never any point really because by the time I'd picked them up from childminder/friends house on the way home from work it was pretty much time for dinner and then bath/bedtime, no point in dirtying more clothes.
I guess that these habits have stayed with them though even now the eldest 2 are at high school. They stay in uniform if they're staying in, or maybe just put a hoody on over their shirt&tie if they're going out with friends.
Only occurred to me because I was just watching something on TV where the kids had got in from school and rushed to change, then looked around at my 3 lolling around in their school uniforms still. Anyone else's teens do this or am I just a very bad mother? blush

Ivalueloyaltyaboveallelse Sat 09-Mar-19 12:08:52

Mine get changed depending on the weather, it will either be straight in showers then nightwear if cold, dark and raining. However on nice dry days it’s comfortable clothes to play outside or in the garden.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 09-Mar-19 12:11:12

I don't bother getting changed after work unless I'm going to gym/for a run. Primary school DS doesn't either. DH always does, which is why so much of the laundry belongs to him!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »