Talk

Advanced search

To be rather cross

(19 Posts)
Hitchcockginger Fri 08-Mar-19 15:49:40

I'm not on Facebook myself, but looking at a friend's, I saw that the woman who had an affair with my husband has posted a lovely message, inspired by International Women's Day, about female solidarity, support and sisterhood. I would love to message her thanking her for her support and solidarity which left my marriage hanging by a thread and my self-esteem in tatters. I won't, because I have just enough self-respect left, but sorely tempted.

VeraWangTwang Fri 08-Mar-19 15:51:22

You are right not to respond
Rant on her instead, I'm sorry they put you through this

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Fri 08-Mar-19 15:51:36

Ouch. No. Don't rise to it. Have a good rant on here instead.

HarrysOwl Fri 08-Mar-19 15:55:49

Any chance at all she didn't know your DH was married?

Doesn't help, but I suppose if she knew full well he had a wife then it does make her a hypocrite. If not...well, then your DH is the only one to blame.

Nesssie Fri 08-Mar-19 15:58:52

woman who had an affair with my husband or 'the woman my husband had an affair with'

Sounds like you are solely blaming her...

Hitchcockginger Fri 08-Mar-19 16:11:29

She definitely knew he was married (so is she). And I can assure you that I reserve the majority of my ire for my husband.

pictish Fri 08-Mar-19 16:15:44

“Except when you’re fucking their husband, eh Susan?”

Write that. Fuck it.

HomeMadeMadness Fri 08-Mar-19 16:18:40

YANBU to want to but you're very wise to rant on here instead.

proseccoandbooks Fri 08-Mar-19 16:19:56

Ohhhhh those people who are complete assholes with no ethics related to anything whatsoever but their facebook/instagram is pristine and they pretend to be the best people ever. Gotta love emgrin

I wouldn't comment tho. She's not worth your time. Nor is your DH

WeeDangerousSpike Fri 08-Mar-19 16:23:05

“Except when you’re fucking their husband, eh Susan?”

grin

You could hardly be held responsible if your friend wrote that OP. After all, you're not even on Facebook...

10IAR Fri 08-Mar-19 16:24:20

pictish wins it for me!

YANBU at all OP, solidarity is actions, not shite on social media. Also, I think he's a dick for cheating.

HarrysOwl Fri 08-Mar-19 16:24:56

She definitely knew he was married (so is she).

Errg, in that case, I'll grab my pitchfork and be with you shortly.

EscapeTheCastle Fri 08-Mar-19 16:26:30

mmmm...worth trying to make a new account...fb might let you..and her post is public? then let rip.... write that gem from pictish would be funny for 5 mins then if you are like me you'll then feel worse.

YesHairIsCurly Fri 08-Mar-19 16:27:06

“Except when you’re fucking their husband, eh Susan?"

Only possible riposte.

Hitchcockginger Fri 08-Mar-19 16:37:36

I would love to respond like that. But although it would be lovely for the first 5 minutes, I would then feel terrible.

OffToBedhampton Fri 08-Mar-19 16:52:06

I think we can all agree that @Pictish always gives the best & funniest advice for the brave of heart!!
I don't think I'd post her suggestion but I'd be VERY tempted and enjoy the mwah-ha-hah thought that I could!

'Susan' doesn't know the meaning of women -solidarity and will get her come-uppance one day!

cuppycakey Fri 08-Mar-19 16:53:33

Why would you feel awful afterwards OP?

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Fri 08-Mar-19 17:18:40

@Pictish nailed it grin

OP, you shouldn't feel awful at all .

Vulpine Fri 08-Mar-19 17:19:12

Can you not do pictish's idea but a little cleaner? 'Does that include sleeping with other womens husbands?'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: