Talk

Advanced search

My tyres have been slashed

(11 Posts)
ForeverBubblegum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:15:52

Sorry don't really know which topic to put this in so have put it hear.

As the title says my tyres have been slashed, there are several cuts towards the centre of the wheel so couldn't possibly have been something I drove over. But I have no idea who might have done it, I have never had a falling out with anyone, am on alright terms with the nabours, the car's not inconsiderately parked (On the road outside house but not blocking anything) and it's a quite road that doesn't really go anywhere so unlikely to be random.

So I suppose my questions are:
Any other ideas why anyone might have done it? And what should I do now?

Dutchesss Thu 07-Mar-19 20:21:03

Report it to the police, non emergency line.

Mintypea5 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:25:28

Not much help but over the weekend someone came and slashed all the tires on all the cars parked on one sided our road ... some people are just dicks

I’d call 101 to report

ForeverBubblegum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:33:32

Do you think the police will be interested? Considering I don't have any evidence or even an idea who it might be.

Will try and find out if this happened to any of the nabours, haven't noticed anything but would feel better if it was definitely random.

Dreamzcancometrue Thu 07-Mar-19 20:43:38

I have no idea, maybe feral kids!

ChesterGreySideboard Thu 07-Mar-19 20:46:53

Even if they aren’t interested in the sense of solving your particular crime it might tie up with other vandalism in the area.

ZippyBungleandGeorge Thu 07-Mar-19 20:47:20

Definitely report to police, it gives them the full picture if it's happened to others, and if they catch someone for one (CCTV) they might be able to get them for the spate, if there is one!
It could also be targeted but mistaken identity, someone punched my uncle once and broke his nose for having an affair with his girlfriend, except it was just someone who looked like my uncle, the man (the hitter) was very apologetic in court....

CCC1 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:51:08

Hi. Report it. The police won’t be able to do anything to help really, but it will create a log. Mine were done several times last year along with some nasty graffiti that followed on. I’m pretty sure mine was done by an angry, disaffected teenager and all the logs created a picture for police that enabled them to have a word eventually. In my case, the most likely suspect was about to turn 18 and I think the police warned them of potential consequences of being caught as an adult. Then everything stopped. (Touch wood!).

ForeverBubblegum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:51:25

Could be, but to get to my cheap 10 year old car (full of car seats and crisp packets) you would have to walk past several far nicer car's. Surely if you just wanted to be a dick you would go for either the first car or the most expensive?

Possibly just me been paranoid but I'm worried that someone seems to have it in for mesad

HexagonalBattenburg Thu 07-Mar-19 20:54:20

When it's happened to us it's been dickhead fucknuggets just randomly doing a fair few cars in the local area and probably thinking they were awesome and hilariously original for doing so... So just untargetted arseholedom. You'll probably find a fair few cars in a cluster of streets have been hit.

RedRiverShore Thu 07-Mar-19 20:54:51

They probably went for the easiest or in the darkest place, is it near a street light or not, report it though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »