Talk

Advanced search

To be considering CBD oil for anxiety?

(13 Posts)
MaryPopppins Thu 07-Mar-19 20:12:55

I'd love to hear some "real life" feedback on CBD oil use please?

I feel like googling is just giving me advertising articles or people who are vehemently anti-CBD.

Those of you who do use it, which brand and where from please?

I feel like it's the sort of product that you could easily buy the wrong thing.

Teenagemaw Thu 07-Mar-19 20:17:00

I bought one from holland and barret for pain. I think it is helping but i am on loads of painkillers too. I have been sleeping better since i started taking it.

Treaclesweet Thu 07-Mar-19 20:21:50

Holland and Barrett is quite expensive and not very good I have found! I use one by 'the original alternative', it's fairly weak in strength (so 9.70 for a small bottle c/w 30 in h&b). I have found it very helpful for anxiety, I take half a pipette whenever I am feeling anxious, where I might previously have taken a beta blocker. My partner also suffers with MH issues and takes a larger dose more frequently. We have tried various strengths and dosages and settled on just taking more of a weaker one rather than less of an expensive one.

MaryPopppins Thu 07-Mar-19 20:26:25

Thank you both. Really helpful.

And thanks for the recommendation. I had a feeling H&B would be expensive for not that great a product. But it's so hard to know what to get. X

Teenagemaw Thu 07-Mar-19 20:42:30

I was the same I really didnt know what to get as there are so many options!! I bought the h&b one when it was a half price offer in it. Tastes foul!!! I went for h&b cos i buy loads from there anyway.. will keep an eye on this thread for reccomendations.

Jamiefraserskilt Thu 07-Mar-19 20:46:54

Tastes like crap bit very good. Have you tried bachs rescue remedy for anxiety?

MaryPopppins Thu 07-Mar-19 20:58:42

I have had Bach's for years yes.

I don't know if it's placebo etc but it does appear to calm me a little.

I'm in a rough patch right now so feel like perhaps something a little "stronger" without being medication may be a good idea?

Clumsy way to word it. But missing the happy me a lot of the time at the moment.

Treaclesweet Thu 07-Mar-19 21:00:00

Forgot to say we just buy it onlie direct, much cheaper than in any of our local health food shops by some margin.

theoriginalalternative.com/product-category/cbd-oils/

VictoriaBun Thu 07-Mar-19 21:02:21

If you have ' low mood ' have you tried St. Johns wort ?

maxbabi Thu 07-Mar-19 21:08:30

My friend bought me the h&b one as I am going through a terrible time at work. I have been on the verge of a breakdown. This cbd oil has saved me. I sleep uninterrupted. Its a miracle really. The agony going on inside my tummy all gone. I can't recommend it any more highly. Go for it

Nemo1189 Thu 07-Mar-19 21:19:24

I use it daily, 2-3 drops morning and night, I get mine off eBay (I know don’t judge grin). It’s called full spectrum by the oil connection they sell loads with full 100% feedback.

It helps me incredibly, my anxiety and panic attack’s have reduced significantly. I don’t fear going out or being in social situations. I couldn’t rate it highly enough!

7Days Thu 07-Mar-19 21:22:39

Ive been -idly- thinking about cbd for anxiety too.
But I'm on sertraline and I expect they don't mix well.

meggie1966 Wed 27-Mar-19 17:31:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »