Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your LOUD alarm clock recommendations

(12 Posts)
MariaWaria Thu 07-Mar-19 20:11:38

In need of a non phone alarm clock that is very loud.

Anyone?

SmallFastPenguin Thu 07-Mar-19 20:17:55

My dog is an excellent alarm clock and if whining a nosy tail wagging don't wake you she will lick your face. You can't set a time but its normally pretty early.

HarrysOwl Thu 07-Mar-19 20:20:01

My husband farts in the morning and that always wakes me up.

Not sure if you have a DP that can fart on demand, though.

Guess I'm just 'lucky'.

YesItsMeIDontCare Thu 07-Mar-19 20:20:55

My cat hmm. Can't turn the fucker off either - you have to physically get out of bed and feed him (and give the required amount of fuss before consumption of said food and waited for him while he finishes) by which time you're wide awake.

HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone Thu 07-Mar-19 20:24:26

You need a vibrating alarm or something that buzzes like a fitbit on your wrist. They are much better at waking you up than a loud noise.

bigbluebus Thu 07-Mar-19 20:27:45

DS, who used to regularly sleep through his alarm going off, has 2 like this:
www.argos.co.uk/product/2552271

Chocolatepeanuts Thu 07-Mar-19 20:29:20

www.aohl.org.uk the Action on Hearing loss website has a great online shop.

WarIsPeace Thu 07-Mar-19 20:31:51

store.oregonscientific.com/uk/rm308-black-classic-projection-alarm-clock-black.html I've had 2 of these now. Brilliant, battery lasts ages, can set two alarms, it gets louder and louder. As long as you put it out of reach, because it has a snooze bar on top that's about 8 minutes. I love mine and will buy the same again when it dies.

Chouetted Thu 07-Mar-19 20:36:25

How loud do you want it?

This one is almost painfully loud - 85dB. Any louder and it would risk hearing damage!
www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-SBB500SS-Alarm-Shaker-Version-x/dp/B000OOWZUK?tag=mumsnetforum-21

BrightYellowDaffodil Thu 07-Mar-19 20:41:01

A traditional one with the bells on the top? Mine was absolutely deafening!

mermaidbee Thu 07-Mar-19 20:43:40

Sonic bomb alarm clock, from amazon ridiculously loud like a fire alarm.

olivesnutsandcheese Thu 07-Mar-19 21:21:32

DM wears hearing aids but obviously takes them out at night, I second the alarm clocks from the hearing disability websites - she loves hers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »