Talk

Advanced search

Manhandled

(6 Posts)
ragingchocoholic Thu 07-Mar-19 20:06:07

A guy I've recently become friends with who seemed really nice has been acting a bit weird around me in this last week and been manhandled me a few times saying I was in someone's way or something or the other, except it feels more like a shove. Plus people have voices for a reason so they could say excuse me if I was in their way. Am I overreacting or is this ok behaviour?

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 07-Mar-19 20:13:31

No one should be shoving you or touching you. Is this a work colleague or an acquaintance?

TanquerayTickles Thu 07-Mar-19 20:16:14

YANBU. Next time tell him loudly to use his words if he needs you to move in future and to keep his hands to himself. I hate people unnecessarily touching me.

Henrysmycat Thu 07-Mar-19 20:22:29

If it’s a recent friendship, I’d cut it out. Nobody gets physical with you unless you consent to it.
He sounds like a weirdo, do you really need him in your life?

ragingchocoholic Thu 07-Mar-19 21:01:32

It's a uni friend.

I hate people unnecessarily touching me too, the 1st time I was a bit stunned, 2nd time I kinda made a lighthearted comment about how he just pushed me and he just ignored me and went on his phone and this last time I felt a bit panicked about it for some reason. Don't understand why people think this is ok

ragingchocoholic Thu 07-Mar-19 21:02:30

Definitely going to get rid of this friendship and avoid talking to him where possible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »