Talk

Advanced search

To expect a blow dry

(9 Posts)
Armadilloboss Thu 07-Mar-19 19:52:36

So, I have an appointment tomorrow in a hairdressers for colour. I have been here previously but always booked in the salon. This time I booked online. I just had a phone call to confirm the appointment for tomorrow. Obviously I confirmed I was attending, but then the lady on the phone asked, ‘just want to check if you would like to add a blow dry to your appointment’ this baffled me a bit, so I just said yes. But now I’m thinking, would they actually let me pay a considerable amount for hair colour and leave me to walk out the salon with dripping wet hair?

killpop Thu 07-Mar-19 19:54:01

Do they maybe differentiate between a proper salon blow dry, and a 'blast the fuck out with the hair dryer then run the GHDs through it'?

TowerRavenSeven Thu 07-Mar-19 19:56:22

Yes they would. I’ve been to places where the blow dry was at least an additional $5 no matter what you had done. Some places also offered to let Me use their dryer (for free) to dry my hair and not pay an additional fee.

RoryLeighGilmore Thu 07-Mar-19 19:56:59

At mine I ask for a rough dry instead of a blow dry as it saves me about £15, which when I'm spending £150 on the colour I take as every little helps!
I'm guessing they would just blast it til it's dry rather than properly style it with a blow dry.

sleepalldays Thu 07-Mar-19 20:02:08

At mine it's a wet cut for £27 or a cut and blowdry for £40 so they do deffo charge! I stupidly booked a wet cut thinking they'd at least blast it dry quickly before I left (in the winter!) but they didn't and I had to leave and sit in a coffee shop with wet hair for 2hrs.

independentgroupie Thu 07-Mar-19 20:04:37

Another one who has to pay extra for a blow dry...

AguerosAngel Thu 07-Mar-19 20:05:19

My salon uses an app for bookings and you have select each part separately so for example full head colour, cut, blow/colour finish and I tick the three services.

Perhaps you just selected the colour and they just wanted to check?

Pinkruler Thu 07-Mar-19 20:07:46

I hate having blow dries so always ask for a wet cut, but they don't not dry the hair, it is blasted til it's dried.

thinkfast Thu 07-Mar-19 20:18:19

I've never been to a salon which includes a blow dry automatically. They are always extra.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: